Server (Seasonal May/October)
Provide food and beverage service to club members and guests.
- Sets up side station and performs assigned side work.
- Provides immediate attention to all members/guests upon seating.
- Distributes menus.
- If local water conservation laws permit, fills glasses with ice water; answers questions and suggests menu items.
- Takes members’/guests’ orders.
- Places orders with kitchen; informs cooks about any special cooking instructions.
- Assembles food on the tray; procures items from each station as necessary.
- Serves meal; places dishes by courses in front of each person.
- Checks back to ensure member/guest satisfaction; replenishes water and butter as necessary.
- Removes soiled dishes.
- Suggest and serves dessert, coffee, and after dinner drinks.
- Verifies accuracy of prices, state and federal taxes, tips and other charges on all checks.
- Presents the bill.
- Keeps tables, dining room and bus station areas clean.
- Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
- Performs clean-up and closing duties as assigned by manager.
- Attends pre-meal meetings as requested by the Dining Room Manager.
- Be knowledgeable about Mountain Air, including its history and culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must be well groomed, dependable, mature, and possess good verbal communication skills. A “great” friendly, service attitude is mandatory for the position as well as an eagerness to learn. The individual should possess good time management and organizational skills, and be in good physical condition. The individual must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 35 lbs with no physical hardship. Availability on holidays and weekends are required. Servers must be above the age of 18 due to NC ABC Laws & Restrictions.