Housekeeping Room Attendant - Kent Island Resort
The culture at Kent Island Resort is built on our shared core VIVÃ‚MEE Values â€“ JOY, HUMILITY, & MINISTRY. JOY means that we are a true team that enjoys serving others and winning together. We have a healthy sense of pride in a job well done. HUMILITY means that we recognize the infinite dignity of each other (both team members & guests) and that we seek to be helpful to everyone no matter what is asked. Additionally, we are not afraid to ask for help or admit when we make a mistake. MINISTRY means that we know that our spirit of hospitality can be a true gift for our guests. We realize the purpose of our daily tasks and duties must be to deliver kindness and love, and that this power of intentionality has the capacity to revive the souls of our guests and our team. We hire, fire, reward, and praise our team members based on these characteristics, so it is essential that you share these core values in order to be a part of our wonderful team.
Come join a fun team with an amazing culture while working in a beautiful environment! Kent Island Resort is a recognized Maryland Historical site and the third oldest English settlement in the United States. The property currently consists of our hotel, a restaurant, kayaking, and several large wedding venues. Today, the Kent Island Resort has recently been acquired by VIVÃ‚MEE Hospitality, with plans to offer a complete revitalization to this beautiful 220-acre property.
Perks for being a team member:
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) for Full-time team members
- 401k for Full-time team members
- Discounted merchandise and dining
- Discounts on hotel stays at all VIVÃ‚MEE Hospitality resorts
- Exciting work culture
The role of the Housekeeping Room Attendant is to ensure hotel rooms are clean, orderly, attractive, equipment operating as intended, and ready for use to meet guest arrival schedule.
- Promote and portray the VIVÃ‚MEE Values.
- To know understand and adhere to company established policy and procedures.
- To respond to guests promptly.
- To perform cleaning operations daily in guest rooms according to company standards including the daily changing of bed linens, towels, cleaning the bathroom, dusting, vacuuming, and removal of trash.
- To refresh rooms for guests staying multiple nights (changing towels, making beds, replace amenities, etc.).
- Make-up sofa bed when required.
- To ensure the correct number of towels, washcloths, face cloths and amenities are left in each room.
- To be familiar with all rooms
- To restock housekeeping carts.
- To observe and report repairs and damages as needed.
- To replace light bulbs, hangers, irons, clocks, etc. as needed.
- Fold and assemble all sheets, pillowcases and blankets when returned from laundry 3 times per week or more if required.
- Decorate rooms with swans and flowers for special occasions.
- Turndown service for special holidays.
- Strip down all rooms upon checkout; take towels to basement; take sheets and blankets to storage bins.
- Remove all trash; turn off lights and air conditioners upon checkout during shifts.
- Assist maintenance with vacuuming halls and dusting furniture on 2nd floor lobby when needed and/or requested.
- To sort towels and sheets; load washing machine; load dryer; and, fold items from dryer.
- Deep clean rooms two times a year or when required (assisted by maintenance).
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Previous hotel-related experience desired.
â€œThis is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).â€
Kent Island Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In Compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, Kent Island Resort may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodation with the employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position