Echelon is looking for a retail marketer with experience in integrating consumer and commercial marketing programs, thoughtfully translating brand strategy across retail channels in unique and creative ways. This role is the bridge between Sales & Brand and Retail Marketing. This role serves as the voice of Retail in building brand plans, calendars and campaigns in addition to building the strategy for how we activate across retailers, working with retailer and channel-specific shopper marketers to execute. You’ll live and breathe the way Echelon shows up at retail - ensuring we tell innovative and thoughtful narratives and stories as a brand, while hitting our goals and KPIs. Your pulse on the category and shopper trends will help us build exciting retail programs that will bring Echelon to more customers.
- Be the voice of Retail in all brand planning and strategy discussions, adding a perspective of jobs to be done across our retailer landscape and building integrated marketing campaigns
- Translate brand priorities to succinct, key priorities for our retail sales team, ensuring they are making the right trade-offs to support the business at retail; can also think big and provide a perspective on retail marketing activations that truly move the needle at retail
- Own and manage the brand toolkit to give retail teams clarity on priorities, comms hierarchy (key narratives and messages to be told) and key assets to activate joint marketing programs
- Drive brand understanding and support for the brand both internally and externally, help educate and create a shared understanding of brand positioning, guidelines, consumer targets, key insights, campaign overviews, etc
- Collaborates with retailer shopper marketers to develop joint marketing programs that tie back to brand strategy, priorities and KPIs.
- Takes learnings from executed retailer programs and adapts brand plans and recommendations to optimize retail trade spend to meet brand KPIs Support key retailer line review, joint planning conversations and long-range plan meetings, providing recommendations on how big ideas and innovation come to life from a marketing perspective; helps shape brand story and envisions opportunities to help drive growth for our retailers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 8 years of retail/marketing experience at a top-tier consumer brand-driven products company
- Experience working with national and regional retailers (i.e., Target, Dick's, Costco, Walmart, etc.)
- Experience in executing marketing programs through others and partnering with retail operations is important.
- Must have strong consumer understanding skills, translating customer insights into winning marketing plans, compelling ways to reach and communicate to consumers.
- Interactive and digital marketing experience is a plus.
- Ability to understand several retailer categories and make recommendations to address strategic initiatives
- Strong product innovation skills with demonstrated success in developing and launching new products.
- Proven experience in building a brand through consumer marketing lifecycle
- Must be skilled in analysis and problem-solving, and have excellent project and financial management skills.