Job Title: Landscaping Crew Member
Project Location: Elkton, MD 21921 - Company location is in Toughkenamon, PA 19374. There may be days requiring working off-site, in that case we would either provide transportation to the offsite area, or communicate in advance the need to report to Shop/Office.
Pay Rate: $15/hour
Hours: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm (some shifts may end at 4:30 pm). Occasional Saturdays may be required. Overtime is a potential depending on weather and workload. Candidates should expect to work 40-50 hours/week. If Saturday work hours are required, this would be communicated by the end of day Wednesday.
Type: Estimated End Date in November 2020
Start Date: ASAP
All employees are expected to come into work rain or shine promptly and ready to work (must be dressed appropriately – see requirement section for more). All employees are expected to report for duty regardless of the weather conditions unless communicated ahead of time. We will sometimes wait for rain to stop or work until it become too heavy.
Our client is seeking a crewmember to perform general landscape and ground maintenance duties on commercial properties. This role will report to the Field Managers.
- Operating various mowing and finishing equipment, performing labor functions, mulching, trimming, and working with commercial irrigation equipment, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs routinely and be on feet outdoors for the entire day.
- Experienced in landscape, or outdoor work experience.
- Candidate must have a willingness to deliver quality workmanship, a strong work ethic, and have a positive attitude / team mentality
- Employee should arrive to work completely self-sufficient with lunch and prepared for weather conditions (there will not be time to drive to get food).
- Only one tool would be required (hand pruners, bypass style). Hand pruners can be purchased through company or on their own.
- All candidates must adhere to appropriate work/uniform attire:
Leather boots are required (Steel toes are not required)
All employees must wear company-issued attire – green cargo pants, company tee-shirt, company sweat shirt, company nylon jackets, company hats. Uniforms will be purchased through the client, and employees are expected to purchase their own uniforms. Costs will be partially reimbursed if returned in the event of termination (depending on the condition). Replacements for safety glasses, Safety vests, and hats would be not be charged (within reason. If frequent replacement is an issue we would have to charge.)
Employees will do work in the rain depending on the severity of the weather, so rain gear should be accessible.
Preferred Experience / Background:
- Experience operating commercial mowers and landscape equipment.
- Knowledge in the horticulture industry would be a plus.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law