The business development (sales) representative will serve as the primary point of contact between Providence and its clients - identifying and soliciting new leads and opportunities in the public sector that includes, but is not limited to, state government, federal government, municipalities, and any state and federal agencies. (LA DOTD, LDEQ, CRPA, Parish Police Jurys, City Governments, US EPA, USACE, USFWS, TXDOT, MSDOT, etc.) This representative will be responsible for the successful marketing and selling of engineering and environmental services to potential clients, vendors, and stakeholders in the public / governmental markets.
- Complete weekly call reports that include any and all sales activities
- Maintain all relevant sales information for your sales portfolio in the to-be-developed Providence CRM system
- Maintain an accurate 30, 60, 90-day sales funnel at all times
- Work with doer/sellers and/or technical staff for efficient customer service and development
- Responsible for all sales activities within the public sector this includes the maintenance, creation, and development of key clients that work with publicly-funded projects
- Positively promote the Providence brand and its reputation
- Lead, participate, and share ownership of client development efforts that will develop new clients and enhance current client relationships to grow engineering and environmental services lines
- Track leads and potential business opportunities in advance of advertisement/public announcements and provide meaningful strategy to give Providence the competitive, winning edge
- Secure working knowledge of Providence's business lines to efficiently and effectively generate leads and opportunities
- Frequent travel is expected
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-10 years of successful sales team experience that includes consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets and metrics.
- 5+ years of experience in the engineering, environmental consulting and/or disaster recovery business development field preferred
- Governmental contracts /publicly funded project experience a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly of the Providence brand at all levels of the organization and with potential clients and stakeholder
- Proven ability to drive, execute, and follow an industry standard sales process
- Strong business sense and ability to understand or quickly grasp the consulting industry's terms, practices, and services.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people skills
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational, planning and coordination skills for the 100+ employee-owned firm.
- Flexible hybrid (work from home) scheduling options
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefit program: health, dental, vision; Life/AD&D; voluntary plans
- 401(K) with discretionary profit-sharing contributions
Providence is an employee-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm, and our team of professional engineers and environmental specialists possess unparalleled credentials and decades of experience in solving complex environmental challenges. Providence’s focus is sustained by employing the best people to provide the highest quality services with innovation and integrity as we work closely with biologists, toxicologists, ecologists, geologists, and environmental regulatory specialists to offer an outstanding combination of talent and expertise for both governmental civil infrastructure and industrial development work.