The Academic Advisor prioritizes the student by designing custom degree plans around the individual student needs, that meet the degree requirements of the student’s college, and fulfills the learning outcomes of a respective employer. This is accomplished through the successful use of multiple software platforms, understanding of job trends, as well as the employee's research into the education requirements of the degree-granting institution. The successful professional in this role will make the complexity of higher education disappear and in its place create simplicity from which the student is enabled to make degree and course choices that best align to their goals and objectives.
- Researches and understands the application of current college degree and high school options to student-specific needs as well as employer needs
- Creates an actionable line by line credit plans of specific courses in the order the student will complete them to meet graduation requirements
- Researches and creates options with supporting cost estimates for students to consider as they choose their school, major, and/or vocation
- Conducts custom education research on a case-by-case basis
- Applies general academic and governmental requirements to specific student profiles
- Creates student facing e-mails delineating and explaining the options that were created for the student
- Communicates with colleges as a subject matter expert and advocate on behalf of the students
- Conduct one on one calls with students to guide them through their options and selections
- Supports various departments in the interpretation and application of credit plans
- Helps manager keep Lumerit staff and students informed about educational trends, academic requirements, and governmental regulations affecting degree plans
- Assists manager in continually revamping Lumerit systems and developing new projects
Performs other manager-assigned tasks
- Participates in regular training sessions to further develop skills and knowledge
Specific Skills We're Looking For:
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented and efficient
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Strong collaboration and interdepartmental communication skills
- Moderate computer and telephone proficiency
- Adaptable to a high rate of change and pace
- Self-direction in keeping up-to-date with current information
Bachelor's degree requiredTravel.
No travel is anticipatedHours.
8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M., Monday-Friday with additional time as needed
Location. Onsite. Remote telework is not currently possible with this role
Lumerit enables students to experience world-class academic advising and course progression in order to graduate from the college of their choice faster than they ever imagined and for far less than they ever thought possible.
We believe a better way to do college prioritizes the student and avoids debt. Our vision and values empower every member of the Lumerit team to exceed student expectations at every level. In turn, our students go on to achieve a world-class career, professional, and entrepreneurial outcomes.
Are you looking to realize the full potential of your unique talent while helping students experience a better way to do college? We'd love to have a conversation with you. Come multiply your talents at Lumerit and grow your career!