Part-Time Year-Round Front Desk Assistant
Part-Time Year-Round Front Desk Assistant
Arts Quest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Position Reports to: Office Specialist
Direct Reports: None
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service at all ArtsQuest facilities, welcoming customers either face to face, by phone or electronically regarding all programs and events presented by ArtsQuest, along with the functions and information associated with the Banana Factory, Visitor Center and ArtsQuest Center.
- Welcome all visitors to our facilities providing for an exceptional customer experience.
- Provide information about ArtsQuest, its programs and our buildings.
- Answer multi-line phones, forwarding calls and taking messages when necessary.
- Use of computer and iPad to send and receive information, assist patrons, and answer questions, as well as to process ticket orders, and assist with administrative responsibilities.
- Assist with class registration process which includes entering orders, discounts, and refunds, as well as printing class rosters, daily schedules, etc.
- Box Office responsibilities including processing ticket orders, answering phones, responding to messages.
- Retail sales using Square POS - credit card processing and cash sales.
- Receive deliveries for all building tenants and coordinate pick-up.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Understand the opening and closing procedures of the building including security system, burglar alarm, fire alarm and sprinkler system.
- Understand how to schedule rooms, technology needs, locations, and set-ups; coordinate room reservations for internal staff and refer to the appropriate department for external patrons’ requests.
- Post daily/weekly schedules at appropriate conference room locations & update daily.
- Maintain supplies and organization for front desk area.
- Keep brochure racks filled with updated materials, monitor bulletin boards.
- Monitor facility key use and sign in sheet.
- Process payments for art sales, tickets, and gift cards.
- Maintain cash drawer for change/cash transactions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Previous customer service experience is helpful, a passion for the arts preferable.
- Ability to provide courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers.
- Flexible, “think on your feet” attitude.
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to ArtsQuest programs preferred.
- Computer/web competency including Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, a ticketing system and Square helpful.
- Ability to learn computer programs, including ticketing, scheduling and database software.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work during the varying hours of operation of our facilities which range from 8 AM to 11 PM daily, 7 days per week; hours may vary based on events and activities where we need to open earlier or close later than normally scheduled hours in order to support the business.
- Normal working environment is indoors, however, the ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions during festivals and events is required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to travel between facilities as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, either verbally and/or in writing, by phone and face-to-face. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to lift up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 25 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Employee is occasionally required to travel between our facilities, all within 1 mile of one another using reliable transportation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ArtsQuest maintains a culture of C.A.R.E.S.; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability. In addition, ArtsQuest has very high standards for accountability and ownership of all of our employees’ actions, whose contributions to the organization all relate to customer service. It is our goal to maintain these high standards in order to deliver the most exceptional experiences to both our internal and external customers. We work hard, but we play harder. It’s the reason we’re here!
Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
FLSA Status: Part-Time Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.