Do you love the feeling when you whole house is freshly
cleaned? Do you feel like you've accomplished something when your room is
immaculate? Do you love to vacuum? Housekeeping might be for you! Clean
lakeside cottages - make beds, vacuum, dust, clean bathrooms all as part of a
team of 2 or 3 housekeepers (you never have to work alone!). Housekeepers enjoy
daytime shifts only (start at 6:45 or 8:45 each day) so you will have every
Hours: Approximately 24 hours per week, typically 6:45am to 3:30pm
Compensation: $13 - $15 per hour, depending on experience.
Seasonal Position: May through October
Start date: Early May
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: Applicants with previous experience are given preferential review although no experience is required.
This is a great chance to enjoy working on one of the most beautiful
locations on Sebago Lake. Work with a waterview for most of every day!
Daily housekeeping is provided for our guests, who typically stay a
week, so you will get a chance to interact with and get to know our
guests. You will have the opportunity to learn to make the perfect bed,
the importance of straightened fringe on area rugs, learn how to
effectively pack a housekeeping cart, and develop an eye for just the
right look for our luxuriously rustic cottages.
may be available to full time candidates who can commit to either a full
summer or full season at Migis. Since this is single shift daytime
work, local candidates may not be eligible for housing.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance with a properly cleaned uniform.
provided supplies, clean and maintain guest rooms and public spaces.
This includes, but is not limited to making beds, changing bed linens,
cleaning bathrooms, supplying amenities, dusting, vacuuming, mopping,
sweeping, washing windows, replacing light bulbs, folding linens, as
well as removing dirty linens, towels, garbage and recycling, all with
attention to detail and to the standards set by property management.
work with a variety of cleaning chemicals, following appropriate
directions and in accordance with OSHA and State of Maine regulations.
be able to push cleaning cart with supplies and equipment on both
inside and outside surfaces. Work with colleagues to keep storage areas
cleaned and supplied.
- Greet guests warmly and politely, using
discretion to avoid disturbing guests in rooms or public spaces.
Understand how everything operates in guest rooms (climate control,
fireplaces, fans, lighting, etc) and be able to explain operation to our
- Responsible for security of any room or supply closet
keys, as well as for respecting the personal property and privacy of
guests while working in guest rooms.
- Be prepared to answer basic questions about the property, activities, etc., or know where to refer guests for answers.
with other members of the Housekeeping Team to ensure that guest’s need
are continually met. Make front desk staff aware of any special needs
so that notes can be made for future visits.
- Handle and
communicate guest requests, special needs, guest room or public space
maintenance issues and guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Label and submit all lost and found items according to property procedures.
personal sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment and how
to handle unsanitary linens, bodily fluids, etc. Be aware of ways to
prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching and
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 60 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
- Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and
employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to understand verbal directions, labels on chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
- Active listening and observation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines, and stressful situations during busy periods.