The Groups & Connection Minister will be responsible to the church, under the direction of the Campus and Teaching Pastor, for overall direction of disciple making through supervision and leadership with specific responsibility for adult groups. Also, casting vision, planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive assimilation and Guest Service ministry (“connection”).
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
· Oversees Discipleship strategy giving primary attention to Groups & Focus Studies.
· Identify, recruit, and equip a consistent flow of new Group leaders.
· Meet with key Group leaders regularly for development, accountability, and feedback.
· Take advantage of opportunities to connect with leaders and participants on Sunday AM during any on-campus Group opportunities for Adults.
· Develop and implement a strategy to launch and support more off-campus Groups.
· Participate in the monthly Group meeting with other regional campus Group staff.
· Supervise preschool/children’s ministry staff and provide guidance to Next Gen ministry.
· Oversee Groups resource table on the Woodbine campus.
· Oversee Adult Groups Budget.
· Maintain a “dotted line” relationship with Groups Minister as the “champion” for BBC Groups strategy (see BBC Organizational Chart).
· Partner with staff and lay leadership to administer the BBC Disciple Multiplying Disciples Strategy (DxD), leading people to believe and follow Jesus, be changed by Jesus and be on mission with Jesus.
· Minister to discipleship group leaders and their families.
· Visit off campus Groups for the purpose of encouragement, evaluation, and accountability to the discipleship strategy.
· Oversee the New Member Orientation Process to usher people through the church’s membership requirements including
o Planning, coordinating details and (if necessary) facilitating the Discover membership class.
o Oversee PLACE Administrator and provide direction when necessary.
· Participate and, as directed by Campus & Teaching Pastor, coordinate follow up with all guests attending The Church at Woodbine (AM worship services, other ministry events, Christmas Eve services, etc.).
· Direct members and guests towards deeper levels of engagement in the church’s vision, mission and goals.
· Develop, train and oversee the weekly Prayer Team.
· Coordinate decision counseling/Next Steps efforts.
3. Guest Services
· Oversee Guest Services Ministry including:
o Coordinate details that contribute to an excellent Sunday AM experience for members and guests such as signage, car and foot traffic flow, coffee, and lobby through the use of volunteers.
o Recruit, enlist, and train ushers, greeters, welcome center, parking volunteer teams.
o Develop and empower leaders to oversee the various volunteer teams.
o First time guest follow-up
· Coordination emergency preparedness and volunteer teams
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Effectively communicate and work alongside an administrative assistant
- Pray for all staff members on a regular basis and hold staff members accountable for personal spiritual and ministerial growth (self-development plan).
- Report to the Campus & Teaching Pastor at least quarterly on progress towards goals and initiatives.
- Be available to serve the church as a decision counselor, pastoral counselor, and on-call minister.
- Perform weddings and funerals as needed.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with the Discipleship ministerial staff of other campuses.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS: In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
· Effective in directing both resources and volunteers towards the accomplishment of goals
· Maximizes personal effectiveness by focusing on “must-dos” tasks
· Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
· Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
· Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to changing priorities or situations
· Self-directed and proactive in accomplishing tasks without significant oversight
· Is willing to take on additional responsibilities with a “can-do” attitude
· Collaborates well with others to accomplish group tasks
· Clearly conveys expectations and priorities to volunteers
· Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
· Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
· Functions well in a team environment, regularly shares information and solicits feedback from others
· Demonstrates Christ-likeness and a commitment to personal spiritual growth
· Leads volunteers by serving and not by asserting control
· Utilizes emotional intelligence, is emotionally available to those he/she leads
· Invests in the development of others around him/her
· Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
· Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the necessary knowledge, attitudes, skills and habits necessary to be successful in this role
· Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
· The gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities is appropriate and allows for future growth
· A personal sense of calling from God to vocational Christian ministry in general and this particular area of ministry.
· Can identify closely with the mission, values, vision, theology, philosophy and methodology of Brentwood Baptist Church.
· A mature Christian who is demonstrates the Fruit of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading and prayer.
· The proven ability to identify, equip and lead a team of volunteers.
· Ability to collaborate, cooperate and function well in a team environment.
· Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong managerial and leadership skills combined with an exceptional relational ability.
· The proven ability to manage people, budgets, long range planning and plan implementation in secular and/or church environments.
· A passion to connect people to their area of giftedness for more effective Christian service.
· An understanding and passion for Discipleship for all ages.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in applicable area of study.
· Master’s or seminary degree (or in progress) preferred.
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience is required working in the local church or Christian ministry context.
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled