ICONA is currently seeking a Sous Chef for our Avalon location. At ICONA we are enthusiastic about our culture and take pride in hiring individuals that share our highest mission to provide our guests with unmatched service exuding a spirit of warmth, welcome, and love.
- Creating a 5-star experience for every guest
- Adhering to clear performance expectations with the Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage
- Ensuring that all ICONA standards are being maintained
- Leading by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm
- Ensure that the kitchen and surrounding areas are sanitized and clean in accordance with company standards and health code regulations
- Purchase food and supplies from vendors approved by the company
- Monitor inventory
- Train and supervise kitchen personnel
- Stay current on restaurant industry trends
- Identify new culinary techniques and presentations
- Assist kitchen staff with food prep and recipe creation
- Effectively reviewing, planning and executing daily food service with the highest level of food quality and presentation for all dining outlets, banquets, and events.
- Producing a consistent food cost as related to departmental budget.
- Assist in scheduling team members to ensure adequate and consistent levels of service
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once, delegate responsibilities, and manage projects
- Ability to maintain concentration and a well-organized work environment as well as the ability to think clearly
To succeed you will need:
- A strong ability to convey directions
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a calm demeanor
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strategic Thinking
- Teamwork Oriented
- Communication Proficiency
- Presentation Skills
This position assists in managing the performance of the employees within the department
The employee is required to stand for long periods as well as walk, bend, stretch, and stoop. The position requires working taste buds, ability to smell, feel with fingers and visually inspect, including close and distance vision. The position requires ability to use arms, hands and manipulate fingers to reach, stir, measure, pour, cut, chop, dice, decorate, etc. Must be able to lift 5-75 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays and as business dictates.
Required Education and Experience:
- Two-Three years of Sous Chef experience in high volume production
- BS in Culinary Arts preferred
- ServSafe Certified preferred
- Excellent record keeping of kitchen and team member management
- Automated Food Inventory management system experience, Market Man preferred
- Aloha POS and Hot Schedules software experience preferred
At ICONA Resorts we have fun while we get the job done! You'll be joining a team of talented, hard-working professionals all working together toward one goal: giving our guests a heavenly experience at our iconic beachfront resorts.
Full-time, year-round employees may be eligible for additional benefits including: health insurance, 401k, & bonuses.
ICONA Resorts provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Icona Resorts complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.