Job Title: Web Developer
Reports to: Director of Web & Design
Department: Web & Design
Messenger International is a ministry with a divine calling to develop uncompromising followers of Christ who transform our world and therefore, this position will be filled by a candidate who 1) embodies the core beliefs of our organization with respect to God, The Bible, and God’s function in our everyday life and 2) champions our fundamental commitment as an organization to spread the gospel to the world.
Responsible for advancing Messenger International’s vision by developing and troubleshooting websites and connected technologies. Collaborates with Design, Marketing, and Development teams to create pleasant and functional user experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building webpages or components of webpages
- Maintain and develop Shopify eCommerce Store
- Maintain and develop multiple WordPress sites
- Maintain and develop payment collection forms on web pages
- Automating processes and workflows using tools such as Zapier, Make, or IFTTT
- Creating and managing QR codes, short links, and redirects
- Building and executing tracking plans for specific processes and initiatives
- Troubleshooting related systems, automations, and processes
- Other related work, as requested
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 2 Years experience front end web development
- Experience with WordPress, Shopify, or similar software
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook/Meta Pixel
- Skilled at problem-solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Able to learn quickly and adopt new skills on the job
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and sudden changes to a project/directive
- Is a team player who loves helping and assisting others
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Signed acknowledgement of Messenger’s “Statement of Faith” and “Staff Covenant/Lifestyle Agreement” forms.
- Signed acknowledgement to policies and procedures as stated in our employee handbook.
- Has the ability to function independently. Possess the ability to speak. Has the physical ability to be able to lift up to 25 pounds (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing up, and walking.
Colorado Springs, Colorado or Nashville, Tennessee area. MUST BE A U.S CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION.
Full-time, 40-hour work week with the potential for occasional overtime. This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay.
This is an admin position with an hourly range of $20.67 - $31.25 ($43,000 - $65,000 annually) depending on qualifications and experience.
- Health, Dental, AD&D & Life insurance
- Paid time off & sick time
- Maternity/Paternity leave benefits after 3-year tenure
Messenger will pay for renewal of certifications and required continued education