About the Roosevelt Institute
Until economic and social rules work for all Americans, they’re not working. Inspired by the legacy of Franklin and Eleanor, the Roosevelt Institute reimagines the rules to create a nation where everyone enjoys a fair share of our collective prosperity. We are a 21st-century think tank bringing together multiple generations of thinkers and leaders to help drive key economic and social debates and have local and national impact. We advance this mission through the work of our staff, fellows, and network of students and alumni.
At Roosevelt, we recognize that the culture of the workplace and opportunities for career growth and development are important to all. We believe that diversity of background and experience among our people make our work to reimagine the rules of our social and economic realities stronger. Roosevelt is an equal opportunity employer and, as affirms in policy and practice to consider all applications in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or other legally protected status. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates to apply.
The Roosevelt Institute is seeking an Accounts Payable & Finance Associate to join the finance department. This position will report directly to the Associate Director of Finance and work closely with the finance and operation teams to support the daily payable activities of the Institute, its c4 partner organization, the FDRL program at the Institute, and its fiscally sponsored programs. This opening is an opportunity for a person who enjoys working with data and numbers, takes pride in their accuracy, is detail oriented, and understands connections between data entries, data maintenance, and successful financial and donor reporting.
Accounts payable (AP)
- Review and process all vendors in SAP Concur, ensuring accurate and current backup documentation.
- Review and process all invoices, including checking for correct accounts, donors, cost centers and supporting documentation.
- Complete monthly credit card reconciliation, including downloading and formatting credit card statements, checking for correct accounts, donors, cost centers and supporting documentation.
- Enter all invoices, expenses, and credit card activities in the accounting software.
- Ensure that all appropriate approvals are received for transactions and liabilities.
- Run reports related to AP and credit card activities, including aging summary.
- Process AP cash disbursements and communicate related activity to the controller for monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly and annual closing ensuring all invoices and expenses are recorded in the correct period.
- Assist with audit requests related to AP.
- Maintain up to date digitization of all AP transaction records to the server.
- Respond to all staff and vendor inquiries related to AP.
- Communicate all AP announcements to staff such as deadlines and process updates.
- Assist with AP process improvements through technology integration and automation.
- Manage submission of monthly lobbying reports by appropriate staff members.
- Assist with projects such as annual audits and tax returns.
- Assist with onboarding of new hires with Finance-focused training.
- Collaborate on the annual redrafting of Fiscal Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Assist with AR activities, as needed.
- Assist with other projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Maintains confidentiality when working with sensitive information
- Hardworking, dedicated and a team player
- Computer proficient, specifically in MS Excel and Google Suite
- Experience with accounting software, FUND EZ a plus
- Experience in SAP Concur a plus
- Minimum of two years in a position that involved data entry management
- Proven ability to connect data entry to finance and fundraising activities, needs, and outcomes