Housekeeping Supervisor (ref 5505)
The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for full-time Housekeeping Supervisors.
We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel, and are offering temporary shared accommodation. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $18.00-$20.00 per hour, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
Hours of work: 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m. Weekend availability is required.
What we offer:
- Staff Accommodation
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriot brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for four hotels within Kelowna.
To assist the Housekeeping Manager in ensuring the smooth and consistent operation of housekeeping and the highest standards are met and maintained, service is attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure policies and procedures are followed consistently through daily operations
- Be a champion of Marriott’s Commitment to Clean program
- Provide supporting information to the manager and assistant manager for reporting
- Ensures that the day to day operations of housekeeping stay on track. This will include: checking in with housekeepers, shift leads & room checkers regularly, keeping them up to date of need to know tasks, keeping everyone on pace so that rooms are ready for check in time, logging room defects for maintenance and ensuring they are completed
- Assists with training and introduction of new team members
- Delegates tasks accordingly
- Work closely with the Front Desk to stay on top of any changes, guest requests are handled in a timely manner
- Assists with projects as needed
- Assists with lost and found, ensures procedures are followed accordingly
- Efficiently acts upon feedback for the benefit of guests
- Efficiently acts upon feedback of co-workers for the benefit of the housekeeping workplace
- Maintain an open forum and open door policy with team members
- Work flexibility, may be required to perform housekeeping duties. Hands on, can do attitude
- Manage conflict that may arise through the day to day operations
- Take online training as required by Marriott
- Other duties may be assigned by the Management Team
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous housekeeping experience is required;
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar environment will be an asset, with a proven ability to provide professional, friendly and engaging service;
- Good computer literacy (experience and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel);
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities;
- Detail oriented, organized and focused on quality;
- Highly responsible and reliable, demonstrating initiative as required;
- Proven ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced, team-based environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized and effective time management skills
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position