Company Summary: Crowheart Energy, LLC is an independent oil and gas company with an operational focus on the Green River Basin in southern Wyoming. The Company has a low-decline legacy production base with development opportunities across its 1,200,000-acre position. Crowheart is privately held and governed by long-term energy industry investors.
Position Summary: The Environmental Specialist primary purpose is to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as well as the company’s policies and procedures related to environmental permitting and compliance. Acts as the liaison between environmental agencies and Field Operations.
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) Matching, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, GTL & PTO
· Supports the implementation of Health Safety & Environmental programs, including the development of programs, procedures, and standards for Environmental Compliance Management.
· Inspects or evaluates well site locations, equipment, and practices to ensure compliance with environmental, standards and government regulations
· Leads investigation of spills, releases, emissions, or other environmental incidents; completes or verifies incident reports; and liaises with other environmental staff and environmental agencies to identify causes of these incidents and prevent recurrence
· Develops recommendations and follow-up procedures to prevent accident recurrence
· Develops, seeks to improve, plans, and executes the implementation strategies for environmental compliance policies, procedures, permits and regulations
· Maintains advanced knowledge of applicable regulations including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Endangered Species Act, and various state level regulations, conducts regulatory assessments and provides regulatory interpretations and guidance
· Conducts environmental and SPCC audits to assess field operations, buildings, facilities, tools, and equipment
· Prepares and submits environmental reports; maintains and analyzes environmental records
· Develops training and educates the organization's workforce on environmental management & compliance to ensure that they understand and comply with the organization's environmental policies and standards
- Keeps abreast of environmental regulations so the organization's environmental management policies remain current and relevant
- Support and conduct audits of the Third-Party Waste Management Property Transfer processes
- Performs other duties as assigned
· Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships
· Advanced technical writing skills
· Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
· Ability to work within a team as well as work independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or a similar degree field
- Environmental experience in oil and gas industry preferred
- Advanced knowledge of applicable federal and state air and water quality regulations is required.
· 70% outside field environment, 30% office environment
· Frequent prolonged and irregular hours required
· Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds
· Occasional travel will be required
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position