Customer Service, Coweta County Water and Sewerage Authority
JOB SUMMARY: This position participates in the provision of customer services. This position is PART-TIME.
- Answers telephone and greets customers; provides information and assistance.
- Adjusts customer accounts as appropriate.
- Arranges payment plans for customers.
- Accepts and processes service agreements, water meter applications, transfer deposits, and account terminations.
- Responds to customer complaints.
- Prepares and makes deposits.
- Provides service to customers at the drive-through window.
- Price night drop-box payments.
- Operates a two-way radio to relay information to field personnel.
- Balances petty cash.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of Water and Sewerage Authority policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of customer service.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the use of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Customer Service Manager assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include Authority Policies and Procedures and the Personnel Handbook. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY: The work consists of related customer service duties. The volume of work to be performed contributes to the complexity of the position.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of this position is to provide customer support for agency customers. Successful performance contributes to the accuracy and efficiency of agency operations.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with co-workers, customers, and members of the general public.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects and climbs ladders.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.