This position is responsible for managing casework services and supervising caseworker and other staff, ensuring that quality outcomes are achieved; managing the program’s compliance requisitions; ensuring that quality outcomes are achieved while conforming to Federal Bureau of Prison standards and regulations; maintaining special programs and training requirements; ensuring compliance with ACA; and performing related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with supervision of the Residential Reentry Center; the ability to implement program and contractor goals.
2. Oversee and manage residential participant services in compliance with organizational policies& procedures, contracts, and accreditation standards.
3. Maintain the program’s and residents’ compliance with the Federal Bureau of Prisons standards and regulations.
4. Ensure that program facilities are in compliance with federal state and municipal codes, regulations and contractual requirements.
5. Manage and track the program’s safety efforts and ensure that safety requirements are being met.
6. Promote and enforce program policies and procedures.
7. Facilitate a quality control program throughout all managed areas to ensure that quality outcomes are achieved.
8. Work with residential staff/inmates to coordinate and accomplish activities involving inmates.
9. Meet with staff on a regular basis to provide coaching and evaluation of training needs for them and /or their direct reports. Understand and enforce agency code of ethics; set examples of appropriate boundaries for residents and staff, according to the agency’s code of ethics.
10. Schedule, facilitate and attend residential team meetings, which are regularly held once a month. Attend staff meetings, house meetings, and Neighborhood Association meetings, on as needed basis.
11. Represent the organization at community meetings and training.
12.Network with individuals and organizations, which may be able to assist the program or VOAGNO, Inc. in achieving its goals, short and long term.
13. Develop rapport with United States Courts, U.S. Marshalls, Bureau of Prisons, Pre-trial services and local and federal law enforcement agencies.
14. Assist with the development of new programs and funding sources to meet new programmatic goals and needs.
15. Assist with development and implementation of program public relations and advocacy activities.
16. Maintain a flexible schedule that meets program needs. Respond to calls, nights and weekends as needed.
17. Manage the accreditation process as prescribed by ACA.
18. Perform related duties as assigned.
This position prefers the incumbent to possess a Masters Degree in a human services discipline and one year of management/supervisory experience; a bachelor’s degree and three years of experience including two years at the supervisory/managerial level may be substituted. A Strong preference for Criminal Justice or liberal arts majors is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Incumbent must possess a minimum of two years, with two-five years preferred, of experience working with individuals with criminal, asocial or addictive histories. Knowledge of Federal Bureau of Prisons standards and regulations, as they apply to residential inmate centers, is required. ACA (American Correctional Association) accreditation experience is strongly preferred. The incumbent must be able to demonstrate management experience, including contracts and budget administration, fiscal management skills and public relations. This position requires exceptional time management and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks concurrently. The person should be capable of generating documents and spreadsheets using computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel. Must possess polished and diplomatic customer relation skills verbally, in person, through telephone communications, and in writing
Must have been able to past National Criminal Identification Center (NCIC) clearance for employment.
Travels to other locations as appropriate in the performance of duties and responsibilities,
- Must have;
- Current driver’s license issued by the state of residence,
- Current Vehicle Inspection decal,
- Current vehicle insurance,
- Current vehicle registration in the state of residence,
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report.
Work is primarily performed while sitting at a desk and walking up and down stairs in a residential center.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Volunteers of America-GNO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V/H
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled