Toy Tech – FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
Join the world-renowned FAO Schwarz team and be a part of history at the largest and most iconic toy store in New York City! ThreeSixty Brands acquired FAO Schwarz in 2016 and brought the FAO Retail Flagship location back to life at Rockefeller Center in 2018.
FAO Schwarz, founded in 1862, is one of the oldest and most iconic toy brands in the world. FAO Schwarz has always been synonymous with quality and innovation, offering one-of-a-kind playthings and creating cherished memories for generations of kids. The fondness associated with FAO Schwarz is wrapped up in the theatre of it all. It’s more than just toys, it’s the deep nostalgia for toys that come to life as kids of all ages enter the store. A visit to FAO Schwarz means much more than a trip to a toy store. With the anticipation and excitement of a special occasion, FAO Schwarz never fails to deliver a feast for the senses – exciting adults and children alike.
Our Seasonal Toy Techs are our dynamic inventory associates who are responsible for the execution of our inventory flow process, including unloading trucks, receiving the product from UPS/FedEx/USPS throughout the day, and filling our store and stockroom with the product. You are responsible for maintaining a clean and productive stockroom as well as all front and back of house areas. You will help to ensure a seamless transition between the early AM and daytime inventory process, always keeping our store and stockroom fresh and full of all products. You will also work closely with the larger store team and store leadership and can support our Toy Ambassadors and our Cashiers on the sales floor as needed to drive sales and deliver great customer experiences.
Seasonal Toy Techs will report to the Operations Managers and will be lead by our Operations Leads on all daily operations. You will work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
What You’ll Do
- Unload and unpack new merchandise shipments, and prepare them for the salesfloor
- Deliver new merchandise to the appropriate department for placement on the sales floor or stock area
- Organize and maintain merchandise in stockrooms, and fill the selling floor as needed
- Learn FAO’s inventory systems and processes to be able to best support our team and our customers
- Collect damaged merchandise from designated areas and process accordingly
- Assist with the picking and preparation of merchandise for delivery to customers, whether it be via Courier, FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.
- Provide support for major store marketing events, Personally Shopper product needs, etc.
- Participate as needed on the sales floor to drive sales and help recover the building
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
What We’ll Expect You to Have
- A sense of whimsy, a nostalgia for toys, and a fondness for the FAO Schwarz brand
- Overnight/Early AM Logistics Store Management experience preferred
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
- Proven ability to lead and remain positive, resilient, adaptable, and succeed in a fast-paced, public-facing retail environment
Why You Should Work for Us
- We encourage a sense of whimsy, wonderment, play, and an engaging and theatrical environment
- You’re never treated like a number or task, you’ll look forward to coming to work every day to see your friends
- Growth opportunities are everywhere
- Highly competitive benefits
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact Site Human Resource Manager or Flagship Store Director.