Ability Matters is seeking compassionate and dedicated employees to join our team immediately. We strive to employ individuals who desire to make a difference in others’ lives by enhancing every aspect of the lives of adults with disabilities.
Currently, we are seeking a Licensed Early Childhood Intervention Specialist (PreK-3) who will work on the Education Team. This person supervises and directs a team of Instructional Assistants and Paraprofessionals to plan, create, and implement a successful educational program for children with disabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists in overseeing Instructional Aides and Paraprofessionals and their assigned tasks
- Assists in the development and implementation of IEP goals, progress monitoring and data collection
- Assists in training, professional development and evaluation of Instructional Assistants and Paraprofessionals
- Provides direct service weekly
- Assists with developing interventions, onboarding new students and creating initial programming
- Assists with meetings with school districts and agencies
- Assists in developing curriculum and student programming and modifying instruction
- Communicate with parents/guardians regularly to promote student to review schedule changes, programming or staffing concerns
- Assists in the input of weekly schedules
- Assists the Education Director in planning of departmental meetings, and other duties as assigned
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion regarding matters of significance directly related to company’s management and general business operations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Meet current ODE licensure requirements
- Three (3) years of experience working with K-12 students and in I/DD preferred
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills required
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks
- Possess and maintain First Aid and CPR training
- Pass and maintain all required DODD training offerings
- Pass a background check
- Pass a drug test
- Possess and maintain a driving record with less than six (6) points
Salary will be based on credentials and years of experience.
*Ability Matters is an equal opportunity employer and stands committed to affirmative action.