Reports To: Director of Patron Services
Employee Class: Part time
Work Location: On site at 1333 H Street NE, Washington DC 20002
House Managers(s) are the first level of communication for all patrons and guests at Atlas Performing Arts Center, where their main responsibility is to provide exceptional customer service to all. The House Manager(s) will support the Patron Services Department by welcoming patrons to the Atlas and preparing, monitoring, and caring for all venue spaces. This role will also cross train and learn how to use Patron Manager software to assist with ticketing and front desk reception as needed.
- Greet and guide patrons throughout the facility at all access points.
- Complete all pre- and post-show tasks in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring the facility is properly prepared and clean.
- Train in building security and obtain necessary certifications in Fire/Life/Safety protocols.
- Coordinate with the Stage Manager and Box Office before a performance through radio communication and in-person conversations
- Provide support for accessibility requests, including use of courtesy wheelchair and assisted listening devices.
- Supervise volunteer ushers and manage lobby traffic flow and ticket scanning at venue entrances.
- Seat all patrons appropriately in the house and troubleshoot any double-seating or ticketing issues with discretion and haste.
- Compile data and information in conjunction with Production staff for End of Day reporting.
Box Office Assistance
- Assist patrons, artists and clients at the Atlas Box Office who are purchasing or reserving tickets in person, over the phone, or via email using Patron Manager software.
- Provide Reception desk coverage as needed.
- Support special projects as assigned by Patron Services department to help with data integrity.
Excellent customer service skills required. At least two years in a customer service role strongly preferred, with an outgoing and welcoming personality. Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and be capable of multitasking. Excellent communication skills are a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to work with computers and quickly learn new software (Patron Manager/Salesforce). Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Ability to obtain CPR certification. Nighttime and weekend availability is required, and a flexible schedule is to be expected in alignment with performance schedule and departmental needs.
Work Environment: Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able to safely lift and carry 25lbs. and climb stairs to traverse theater spaces.
Benefits: Sick leave accrual of 1 hour per every 43 hours worked, direct deposit, simple IRA retirement account if eligible, pre-tax transit deduction.
Salary: Estimated 15 hours per week at $18 per hour
Atlas Performing Arts Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references via atlasperformingartscenter.easyapply.co
Atlas Performing Arts Center is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled