- Do you want to make a
difference in your community?
- Join our team, in our
vibrant and impressive office and warehouse.
- Full-time Permanent
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) is a non-profit
organization with a mission to provide healthy food to those in need. The GVFB
provides support to over 28,000 people weekly, this includes our partnerships
with approximately 80 community agencies.
We believe in helping to grow healthy communities together.
Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases and distributes 4.4M lbs of food each
We provide a modern and inclusive office environment, with
excellent Skytrain accessibility and free parking. Our competitive benefit
plans for this position include: healthcare/dental/vision, 3 weeks accrued
vacation leave and a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan. Your birthday
and a personal day are additional paid days off.
The GVFB is a certified Living Wage Employer! This recognizes the
GVFB’s commitment to paying fair wages, upholding good work standards for our
employees and contributing to poverty reduction and a higher standard of living
in our community.
- Professional Growth – mentoring,
professional development courses and conferences.
- Financial Growth – competitive salary and
- Personal Growth – be part of a close and
supportive team with strong leadership.
The GVFB is seeking a compassionate, highly-motivated
and detail-oriented Administrator, Community Agencies. They will oversee daily
Agency Program tasks and coordination including communications with partners
and stakeholders, data entry, ordering process, kitchen equipment and system
updates. As well as general administrative duties for both Community Hubs and
- Oversee Agency programs with approximately
80 Community Partners;
- Create and process approximately 200 order forms per month;
- Assist in coordinating regular food
support and kitchen equipment orders;
- Ensure accurate and timely communication
to and from the GVFB and our Agency Partners;
- Maintain, update and improve all Agency
information documents and tracking spreadsheets;
- Maintain record tracking and
schedule for GVFB Agency Partner ordering;
- Coordinate with the Operations team
any Agency logistical changes;
- Clearly and in a timely manner
communicate day-to-day requests and order processing;
- Ensure Agency Partner concerns are
forwarded to the appropriate department in a timely manner;
- Support the Manager of Community
Agencies with research, program changes and administrative tasks;
- Assist and support Agency volunteer
- Assist and support with Agency
pick-ups and deliveries as needed;
Community Food Hubs team when needed, such as onsite support or preparing
communications for clients.
Personal attributes and core skills
- Demonstrated thoughtful and positive
- Focused and able to prioritize a
- Ability to work independently and
with a team;
- Strong, considerate and kind
- Effective communication skills, both
oral and written;
- Effective organizational and time
- Familiarity with community
organizations in the GVFB catchment area is advantageous;
- Alignment with our core values;
- Ability to work with sensitivity and
without discrimination towards people of diverse cultures, races/ethnicity,
socio-economic positions, ages, religions, genders, physical/mental health
challenges/disabilities and sexual orientations.
Qualifications and experience
- Post-secondary education in social
work, humanities, community development, food systems/security or combination
of relevant work experience;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
- Data entry experience.
- Exposure to ambient temperatures and noisy conditions;
- The ability to walk and stand intermittently;
and lifting boxes up to 50 lbs intermittently.
We are actively recruiting for this
position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF document.
A criminal record check for working with
vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring.
Only those applicants under consideration
will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. The
Greater Vancouver Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence.