Ticket Sales Representative
We innovate | We have tenacity | We Empower | We get things done
| We are Unique | We have fun
Who we are:
The Victoria Royals are a Canadian major junior ice hockey team, and currently members of the B.C. Division of the Western Conference in the Western Hockey League (WHL). The Royals are based in Victoria, British Columbia, and play their home games at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
This Summer the Victoria Royals Hockey Club are looking to add a spark to their ticketing team! Do you have the energy and skills to provide it? With less than 100 days until the puck officially drops on the 2021-2022 hockey season, the ticket sales campaign for next season is already well underway.
As a Ticket Sales Representative, your role will focus on the creation and management of season tickets, half seasons, mini-plans and group ticketing accounts for the Royals.
Applicants with a sales or sports background, and a hunger to generate revenue will be given priority!
● Meet established sales objectives
● Managing personal and house accounts
● Make a required daily minimum of outbound calls
● Form strong relationships with current and potential clients
● Assist with the execution of new programs and promotions
● Represent the team at various events outside of the arena
● Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
● Attend all Royals’ home games
The ideal Candidate will possess the following:
● Possess a strong work ethic
● Passion for the sports and entertainment industry, specifically hockey
● Ability to prospect (business-to-business or door-to-door)
● Availability to work evenings, weekends, team events and game nights
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
● Excellent verbal communication skills
● A friendly and professional telephone manner
● Should hold a valid Driver’s License
Compensation will be based on experience. The successful applicant will receive a base salary, plus a competitive commission structure that rewards self-generated sales.
Oh - and when you work in the sports industry, it’s not just players that make the big leagues! Ticket Sales is one of the rare opportunities that can be your career, or it can be your launching pad to the next level of a sports organization. Previous employees in this position have used their training and experience to secure (or currently hold) senior roles with a variety of franchises including the Vancouver Whitecaps (MLS), the BC Lions (CFL), and the Vancouver Canucks (NHL)!
The Victoria Royals are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. We are passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position