Compensation - Base Salary Range is $75,000 - $80,000 plus incentives
Competitive Benefits Package - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
The Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center, Virginia's premier resort, wedding venue, and conference center, is nestled amongst a tree-lined forest covering 650 acres in the heart of historic South Boston, Virginia. This former antebellum plantation estate and (now) National Historic Landmark welcomed its first guests to the beautiful Virginia countryside in 1728.
Since that time, the mansion has undergone an impeccable restoration process that has elevated it into a world-class destination resort that includes a plethora of modern amenities and services, while retaining both its' architectural and cultural history. Berry Hill offers 92 luxurious rooms and suites along with over 5000 square feet of meeting space. Berry Hill a southern charm resort includes a complete European spa, both fine and casual dining, and manicured grounds that offer the perfect backdrop for relaxing strolls, hiking, horseback riding, swimming, tennis, biking, fishing, or a variety of outdoor leisure games including bocce, croquet, horseshoes and more.
Job Responsibilities Summary
The Berry Hill Resort General Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Berry Hill Resort. Sets standards, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit. Manages all areas of the resort in accordance with brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provides hands-on leadership in all facets of the Resort Operation. The Resort General Manager embodies the Taylor Hospitality |Up To Par Purpose, Core Values, and Service Promise. We positively impact others by living our ECHO Teamwork Core Values and administering our Service Promise from our family to yours we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
- Maximize revenue through the Yield Management and inventory control systems.
- Chief Engagement Officer of Taylor Hospitality |Up To Par Culture.
- Comply with all UP TO PAR accounting procedures.
- Communicate all goals and results with associates.
- Promote ECHO teamwork and associate morale.
- Lead by example demonstrating self-confidence, positive energy and enthusiasm.
- Motivate and encourage staff to solve guest and associate related concerns.
- Be readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Ensure that departments achieve or exceed guest’s service expectations.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Become involved in the community and/or government affairs.
- Utilize budgets to teach operations manager and team supervisors to understand financial objectives. Balancing costs with associates/guest’s satisfaction.
- Develop and communicate selling strategies, KPI reports, and other forecasting tools.
- Conduct one-on-one with the operations manager, team leaders, and team members bi-annually.
- Provide service training on a quarterly basis. Utilizing local classes, trainers and other corporate training resources.
- Ensure UP TO PAR New hire orientations and onboarding process for new team members are thorough and complete in a timely fashion. Make sure associates understand all of the Taylor Hospitality an Up To Par Company benefits they are entitled.
- Review Room inventory controls and selling strategies daily.
- Continually solicit new business for the Resort.
- Monitor group block and direct bill processes.
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
- Provide a safe working environment in compliance with UP TO PAR.
- Use constructive coaching and counseling when addressing associates concerns.
- Maintain current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
- Have working knowledge of all UP TO PAR brands manuals.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
Taylor Hospitality an Up To Par Company is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner properties and associates. Currently, Up To Par Management oversees operations for 8 properties.
Taylor Hospitality an Up to Par Company exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.