We are looking for a Logistics Operator to support the Logistics Department in ensuring standards and procedures are adhered to and ensure timely and accurate processing of production kitting, incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Prepare and complete pick orders for production according to schedule.
- Prepare kits of components for production orders following BOM by accurately picking, packing, labeling, and organizing parts by job number.
- Perform inventory controls and maintain inventory quantity and locations accuracy.
- Participate in daily cycle counts and report any discrepancies.
- Supplier/vendor receipts: receive and verify products from suppliers by cross checking parts with information on packing lists.
- Report damaged items or any shortages not noted at time of delivery to prepare related paperwork, as necessary.
- Complete receiving reports and receiving logs; maintaining and distributing paperwork.
- Prepare, process and complete customer shipments according to shipping schedule.
- Prepare finished goods for shipment by performing duties such as sorting, packaging, wrapping, and labelling.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization.
- General warehouses clean up and maintaining inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Ordering supplies needed for shipping or warehouse.
- Follow all warehouse policies and standard operating procedures.
- Support Production department with assigned priorities when needed.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of directly related Warehouse experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Minimum knowledge of inventory control and warehousing best practices.
- Basic knowledge of inventory software, databases, and systems. Experience with Epicor is an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel basic functions.
- Previous warehouse experience in shipping/receiving is an asset.
- Previous experience in final packaging is preferred.
- Ability to work with counting scales and basic warehousing tools.
- High level of work commitment, attention to detail and the ability to learn and follow procedures.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate (written & spoken) in English.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and must be able to work Saturdays on-demand.
- Minimum High School Education.
This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.