Position: Front Office Manager
Reports to: General Manager
- High School diploma or higher-level education.
- 3 years Hotel front office experience with a minimum of 1 year at the supervisory level.
- Must work the evening shift.
- Directly supervise all front office personnel and ensure proper completion of all front office duties.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas.
- Ensure the proper appearance of the lobby and all public areas, including the complimentary breakfast area.
- Act as the Manager on Duty (MOD) when scheduled as such by the General Manager.
- Financial: Aggressively pursue the hotel’s revenue goals and effectively utilize yield management and revenue maximization tools.
- Constantly seek new ways to increase room revenue and occupancy.
- Aggressively and effectively manage and continuously update rates on the web and all other distribution channels.
- Sales & Marketing:
- Work closely with the sales team and capitalize on all revenue opportunities.
- Effectively control and manage all front office and breakfast area operational expenses including labor, overtime, supplies, etc., and seek and implement cost-saving strategies.
- Guest Service: Ensure that the hotel meets/exceeds Evergreen Hospitality Development Group and Brand standards for guest satisfaction.
- Lead, Motivate, coach and train Front office team members, set goals and hold team members accountable, and provide feedback, rewards, and recognition.
- Work Ethic:
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive professional work environment, and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Send a daily end of the day activity and accomplishment email to the General Manager and a copy to the COO.
- Complete Brand Certification if required by Franchisor.
- Be proficient in the use of the property management system, and train front desk personnel on the system.
- Have a good understanding of all hotel operating procedures.
- Enforce all existing and new policies and procedures with the front office and breakfast area staff.
- Maintain proper staffing in all front office areas and the breakfast area.
- Prepare and post the front office and breakfast area staff work schedules in a timely fashion.
- Conduct regular performance reviews of the front office and breakfast area staff.
- Constantly monitor front office communications logs.
- Monitor the appearance of all front desk and breakfast area staff, to ensure they are following company uniform policy.
- Conduct weekly departmental meetings, and individual meetings as needed.
- Supervise delegated responsibilities and follows up.
- Be proficient in the use of all front office equipment such as credit card machine, copier, adding machine, and fax.
- Exhibit good leadership skills.
- Maintain all equipment, conduct an inventory on the last day of each accounting period, and maintain office and breakfast area supplies at par.
- Inform the General Manager of any unique situations or unusual developments in front office operations.
- Handle guest complaints effectively.
- Be willing and able to work any shift, including audit and fill in when other employees are not able to work their scheduled shift
- Complete weekly schedules for front office and breakfast area staff as per standard operating procedures.
- Understand the Chart of Accounts to code the invoices for the Front Office and the breakfast area.
- Process reservations by mail, telephone, fax and central reservation systems referrals.
- Process reservations received from a sales office and other hotel departments.
- Have complete knowledge of room types and offered rate plans.
- Open and closeout discount rates on reservation systems when applicable.
- Handle Credit Card chargebacks and make the proper decision on refunds.
- Fully understand the hotel’s franchise policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Process cancellations and modifications to reservations.
- Promote goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and all other associates.
- Effective Communication skills
- Pleasing personality
- Good team player
- Good listener
- Well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Open with praise, discrete with criticism.
- Performance shall be measured by budgeted REVPAR, MSI Index, Guest Service Index (GSI) and the Associate Standard Index (ASI).
- For the __________________ hotel, the budgets are as follows:
- REVPAR ____________________
- MSI INDEX ____________________
- GSI ____________________
- ASI ____________________