Weekend ONLY Resident Aide!
We currently have an opening for a Personal Care Resident Aide at our Schenley Garden facility. The Resident Aide assists residents with daily living activities which may include personal hygiene, dressing, dining and transporting needs. Documents resident care as required. Communicates effectively with residents, family members, and staff. Assists other members of the nursing staff with duties related to the daily needs of the residents according to established standards.
It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
- Promotes and supports a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
- Assists with personal hygiene including dressing, bathing, shaving, dental hygiene, nail and hair care.
- Performs housekeeping tasks such as laundry, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning room, bed making, and bed changes.
- Escorts residents and coordinates internal transportation needs.
- Observes/reports changes in residents’ physical and cognitive/emotional status to the nurse.
- Conducts room checks and resident rounds.
- Reports environmental safety hazards, records incidents, errors or accidents.
- Assists in tasks relating to dining.
- Participates in resident-centered activity programs.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations.
- Works collaboratively with peers and other team members.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process.
- Recognizes and respects resident rights and maintains and protects resident and coworker confidentiality.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Current Med-Tech Certificate preferred.
- Previous resident care experience or related training preferred.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary Range: $12.00 - $14.40/hour
Selected candidates will need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including, a drug test, physical exam, TB test and background check.