JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: 19772 Pauling, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of power testing instruments and systems including programmable AC Power Source and DC Power Supplies, AC loads and DC Electronic Loads, Digital Power Meters and Automated Testing Systems for applications in LED Lighting, Led Drivers, Aerospace, Defense, Military, Automotive, Medical, Battery, Solar, Marine, and Regulatory Testing purposes.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design, integration, and validation of Automated Test Systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Interpret customer’s test application and technical performance requirements
· Identify discrepancies in legacy requirement data and recommend resolutions
· Design and validate automated electrical systems for power conversion products
· Design electrical interface test adapters, fixture and cable assemblies
· Education: BSEE or equivalent work experience in an Engineering related field
· Minimum 1 year of experience in Electrical Engineering, Test Engineering, or a related field
· Ability to generate clear and concise electrical drawings, wire lists, bill of materials
· Experience developing Schematics. Knowledge of PCB layout software a plus
· Working knowledge of power test systems, especially automated test systems
· Software programming skills a plus
· Experience using AC/DC power sources, electronic loads, hipot testers, power meters, and general electrical lab test equipment such as DMM’s, oscilloscopes, etc.
· Experience with communication protocols such as GPIB (IEEE 488.2), RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet, I2C, and CAN Bus
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Effectively presents ideas to peers, management and outside customers
· Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point.
This is a non-supervisory position.
General office skills and dexterity are required. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
CHROMA SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled