Who We Are
As a leading Canadian architectural practice, Zeidler designs meaningful spaces that contribute to the community and deliver lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to join our dynamic team.
What We Are Seeking
As the BIM Lead, you join a national BIM team and work closely with the Partnership and National BIM Manager, providing support to one of the most prominent projects in the Toronto office. You will be responsible for support and implementation, in addition to BIM tasks and initiatives, acting as a point of contact for our Toronto studio. You will be part of an overall mission focusing on BIM implementation, empowering national work-sharing, standardization and optimization. Your responsibilities will include:
Project Support: 75%
- BIM implementation planning for new projects, including attending project kick-off meetings and working closely with project teams.
- Set up BIM model for all new projects.
- Team and project set up on Autodesk
- Maintain and audit Revit projects on an ongoing basis.
- Actively audit models for compliance on BIM-mandated projects.
- Perform project-specific production tasks when requested.
- Provide project-specific training and onboarding to new project team members.
- Develop project-specific BIM protocols when needed.
- Engage in daily contact with project teams to understand their needs and requirements.
BIM Support: 25%
- Provide BIM support and training to individual users and project teams.
- Educate and ensure that BIM standards and protocols are properly and consistently followed through by users.
- Assist National BIM Manager in strategizing, developing, and implementing Firm-wide initiatives
- Provide onboarding, training, and mentoring to new hires.
- Actively maintain communication with office including office-wide emails, group training sessions, new tool presentations, etc.
What You Will Bring
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience with recent experience leading P3 or large complex projects
- Experience supporting Architectural BIM projects in a production type role.
- Advanced working knowledge of AutoDesk Revit, BIM360/ Autodesk Construction Cloud.
- Formal post-secondary education from an accredited University, College, or Tech school within the Architectural field
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excels in a collaborative team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Annual profit share
- Wellness initiatives
- Training & education support
- Mentorship and continuous learning
- Social events
- Fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
What to do now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.