Executive Assistant to CEO
eCampus.com is a premier online retailer of new, used and electronic textbooks for sale or rent, study materials and book buyback services. The website launched on July 2nd, 1999, the birthday of original investor, Dave Thomas of Wendy’s, and pioneered selling used textbooks online. Unlike other dot-com companies at the time, eCampus.com’s executive team brought with them invaluable experience in the textbook industry. The company has repeatedly found success in their ability to be agile and innovative, adapting to the ever-changing textbook market. eCampus.com’s mission is to set online bookstore industry standards for savings, selection, convenience and customer service as expressed in its slogan “Textbooks Easy. Fast. Cheap!”
eCampus is currently looking for an Executive Assistant (EA) to join our team. A Successful Executive Assistant will provide a high-level of administrative support to a C-level executive, ensuring the executive can efficiently accomplish key tasks and company initiatives. The EA will take on and carry out all administrative tasks for the executive, keep the executive on-task for high-priority items, engage in all aspects of calendar management, and provide overall support and assistance. Additionally, this individual will be able to work independently on projects, maintain confidentiality, and exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. Responsibilities and tasks include both executive and personal assistance. The EA will be expected to assist with other company wide business-related administrative needs, as requested.
- Provide a high-level of administrative support and assistance to a C-level executive, including but not limited to calendar management, preparing correspondence, travel arrangements, day-to-day tasks, and personal matters.
- Manage the executive’s calendar and prioritize the most critical matters.
- Coordinate and ensure that the executive’s schedule is followed; serve as “gatekeeper” and protect access to his/her time and office.
- Ensure executive is well informed of upcoming commitments, deadlines, and responsibilities.
- Prepare and distribute communications on the executive’s behalf to both internal and external constituents, including but not limited to writing and editing e-mails, drafting business letters, and other forms of business communication.
- Execute all functions of meeting planning, including but not limited to scheduling, agendas, facilitation, follow-up, securing resources, communicating with meeting constituents, etc.
- Develop, organize, and maintain department files.
- Engage in ongoing personal and professional development activities (reading publications, trainings, maintaining personal networks, professional organizations, etc.).
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of administrative support experience, supporting executives or key department managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field (experience may be considered in lieu of education)
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, and Dropbox.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to manage multiple or competing priorities.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
eCampus.com leadership knows the secret to the company’s success is largely due to the quality and dedication of its employees and offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, Group Life/AD&D, long-term disability, 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Compensation is commensurate with experience.