Frontiers North Adventures’ guiding foundation is our unwavering passion for Canada’s North – the extraordinary wildlife, landscapes, and remarkable people and their customs. We consider ourselves stewards of the resources made available to us and conduct our business in a safe and sustainable manner. As a Certified B Corporation®, we work hard to leave a positive impact on our travellers, the communities in which we operate, and on our employees.
Wide-open landscapes, incredible wildlife and the warm-hearted people of the North leave their mark on all who travel with us, and it is our desire to provide each of our guests a deeper appreciation for the beauty and wonder of Canada’s North.
We are currently seeking to add an Adventure Coordinator to our Winnipeg, Manitoba team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Manager, Sales and Guest Relations, The Adventure Coordinator supports the Frontiers North Adventure (FNA) sales team to create and build lasting relationships with FNA clients, increase revenue, and contribute positively to FNA’s profitability by providing excellent customer service, sales, and administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales and Guest Relations
- Provide excellent and timely customer service and support the sales team to sell FNA’s full range of products and services.
- Assist prospective guests with booking day tours and planning other adventures, providing them with marketing materials, asking pertinent questions, and responding to their inquiries.
- Respond to guest inquiries and resolve guest concerns and/or issues when possible, or by referring them to the appropriate team member or department when not.
- Assist the sales team to follow up with prospective clients after initial contact, trade show partners, and qualified sales leads.
- Remain current on FNA marketing materials, website information, and pricing to ensure consistent messages are being communicated to the clients, guests, and the public.
- Maintain updated information on all partner hotel amenities and sales add-on opportunities.
- Participate in guest “meet and greets” and provide additional support to the logistics and operations teams as needed to ensure the best possible travel experience for FNA guests.
- Assist with client transportation and accommodation needs as needed.
- Assist with answering and directing the main telephone line and the firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- Work directly with other members of the sales team to ensure efficient administration of documentation and timely processing.
- Index, store, and maintain electronic sales documents on the shared server, ensuring document control and naming protocols are followed for easy retrieval.
- Ensure all client, tour, and other information is entered into the tour database program.
- Regularly review air and rail tariffs and provide updates to the sales team.
- Assist in the administration of guest loyalty programs.
- Update, maintain, and distribute departmental reports and rate sheets within required deadlines.
- Accurately invoice customers, process deposits and final payments in a timely manner, and complete accounts receivable (AR) reporting.
Risk Management and Internal Control
- Ensure that guest waiver forms and emergency contact information is accurately collected and documented.
- Thoroughly explain all FNA terms and conditions to guests to ensure their planned adventures will meet their needs and expectations and they can meet the required physical demands.
Teamwork & Organizational Culture
- Collaborate with and assist other members of the sales team to achieve departmental goals.
- Maintain open communication and cooperation with other staff to ensure a friendly, collaborative, and efficient working environment.
- Assist in the training and support of new sales team members including contributing to the development and maintenance of departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Participate in cross training to strengthen teams, create more opportunities for advancement within the company, and create redundancies for periods of employee leaves and turnover.
- Attend regular departmental sales meetings.
- Actively participate in company meetings.
- Uphold the behaviours of a safe, respectful, and inclusive workplace that recognizes and respects diversity and individual differences.
- Understand Frontiers North’s values, mission, and strategic plans to support the organization.
- Understand, respect, and support Frontiers North’s commitment to corporate social responsibility and operating sustainably.
Workplace Health and Safety
- Follow the Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulation standards and protocols and all Frontiers North health and safety policies and procedures.
- Attend all safety meetings as required.
- Ensure the work area is clean, sanitary, well-organized, and hazard free.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Post-secondary education in business, tourism and hospitality, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Related work experience in the tourism industry is an asset.
- Valid Class 5 (standard driver’s licence) is an asset.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English; other languages are an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer, including Mac operating systems, Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Internet, and server databases.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills, including interpersonal skills, empathy, and patience.
- Strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Must be able to work individually and as part of a team.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Office environment; long periods of sitting, using a computer and mouse, and viewing information on a computer monitor.
- The ability to travel to Churchill, Manitoba and other locations by air, vehicle, and/or train is required.
- Overtime may be required during evenings, weekends, and on holidays.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Frontiers North Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to creating an inclusive and respectful work environment for all our employees. Hiring and other employment decisions at Frontiers North are made based on merit and without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status, religion, or disability.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position