Since 1987, Frontiers North Adventures has hosted guests in and around the subarctic community of Churchill, Manitoba to dine beneath the northern lights, sing alongside beluga whales, and lock eyes with wild polar bears. Our programs are meaningfully designed for wildlife and culture enthusiasts, photographers, and experiential adventure travellers. Our guiding foundation is our unwavering passion for Canada’s North – the extraordinary wildlife, landscapes, and remarkable people and their customs. We consider ourselves stewards of the resources made available to us and conduct our business in a safe and sustainable manner. As a Certified B Corporation®, we work hard to leave a positive impact on our travellers, the communities in which we operate, and on our employees.
We are currently seeking to add a Financial Analyst to our growing team in Winnipeg, Manitoba!POSITION SUMMARY
The Financial Analyst contributes to Frontiers North’s (FN) profitability and growth by collecting financial data, accurately preparing financial reports, conducting analysis, and assisting in the development of financial models to make informed business decisions to maximize the company’s long-term economic, social, and environmental goals. Other duties include assisting in the preparation of annual operating budgets, maintaining general ledger accounts and producing balance sheet reconciliations, assisting in the annual financial audit process, and creating and maintaining accounting standard operating procedures (SOPs).SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, or equivalent, or actively working towards obtaining the designation and/or post-secondary education from an accredited institution in business or finance.
- One year of related professional experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, or other related fields.
- Ability to organize and maintain complex/technical activities and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to perform analytical-related activities of large amounts of data and identify trends.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English; other languages are an asset.
- Experience using accounting software; experience using Sage Intacct is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer, including Mac operating systems, Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Internet, and server databases.
- Must be able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Office environment; long periods of sitting, using a computer and mouse, and viewing information on a computer monitor.
- The ability to travel to Churchill, Manitoba and other locations by air, vehicle, and/or train is required.
- Overtime may be required during evenings, weekends, and on holidays.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Frontiers North Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to creating an inclusive and respectful work environment for all our employees. Hiring and other employment decisions at Frontiers North are made based on merit and without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status, religion, or disability.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position