Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests, by welcoming and warmly greeting guests on arrival. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their wishes. Offering a warm sincere thank you and invite them to return upon leaving the restaurant.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Spell Restaurant Group
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant when possible.
- Provide guests with menus and inform them of their server’s name upon seating.
- Record guest names and the number of people in party and provide guests with estimated waiting time when immediate seating is limited.
- Assign guests to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Let guests know when tables become available.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, to respond to complaints, or to make conversation.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and guests to ensure that dining details are handled properly, and customers' concerns are addressed.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Inform guests of establishment specialties and features.
- Inspect restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and clean restrooms when necessary.
- Direct guests to waiting areas.
- Relay messages to servers and bussers as needed.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.