310T Mechanics -Afternoon
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
The Emterra Peel Region Maintenance/Repair team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you. If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- RRSP match.
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Professional development support!
- Be part of an organization that wants to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
- Diagnose and complete all repairs safely and within company policy and manufacturer specifications;
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and electrical systems;
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance;
- Maintain up-to-date/organized work orders;
- Communicate regularly with managers regarding repair status and concerns;
- Work as part of a team to support the daily needs of the operation;
- Maintain a clean & organized shop/equipment work area;
- Provide guidance and instruction to junior maintenance personnel;
- Suggest positive changes to processes or procedures to enhance operational efficiency; and
- Observe safe work practices.
- 310T or Red Seal Licence
- Must have a valid G license/ Asset: Valid DZ licence & clean drivers abstract;
- Own tools;
- Experience with hydraulic and electrical systems an asset;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Basic proficiency with use of computers;
- Asset: Previous work experience in working with online preventative maintenance programs;
- Ability to stand/lift 60lbs/carrying/bending/twisting for periods at a time/repeatedly;
- Effective communication skills (both written & verbal); and
- Punctual, reliable, team player.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada's Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our dedicated Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialists. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position