The Cashier for Liberty Ministries Thrift is responsible for everything that happens in and around the cash register that has been assigned to them for that day. The Cashier is a customer service focused position; customers are the main focus while accomplishing secondary tasks on the sales floor throughout the day. The Cashier needs to be a friendly smiling face that customers see when they enter the store; he/she is an ambassador for the store and the ministry.
- Check out customers through the register system as customers bring merchandise to buy at the register. Keep accountable to handle correct payments from customers.
- Greet each customer with a smile and explain the sale for that day.
- Use cash register properly and ask the manager when in need of help (i.e. voids).
- Help customers with the merchandise in glass cases.
- Create and maintain displays in the glass cases and on the sales floor. Make sure the product is presentable and shop-able for customers.
- Answer phone calls and questions on the phone (state name of store and employee first name).
- Follow opening and closing cashier procedures.
- Ask the Manager when things come up without prices.
- Answer questions about Liberty Ministries and our mission.
- Know and promote our sales to customers.
- Follow assigned tasks as well as maintaining a clean, safe, and organized work area behind the register and on the sales floor.
- Promote fundraising efforts for Liberty Ministries (Summer Camp, Christmas Stockings, etc.)
- Monitor and report suspicious behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be friendly, personable and customer service focused with good discernment on proper customer interaction.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, push, pull, and lift to 30-50 pounds and stand for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English, including reading, writing, and counting.
- Must be able to operate store equipment efficiently (price guns, tagger, cash register, etc.)
- Must be supportive of working for a Christian Ministry, accepting the Mission Statements of Liberty Thrift and Liberty Ministries and represent Liberty Ministries well.
- Must be willing and able to function in many capacities as needed.
- Must take direction well and show initiative.
- Strong communication skills with customers and management.
- Must be able to explain Liberty Thrift policy for customers.
- Good with numbers and responsible with money.
- Must be honest and trustworthy with customer’s information and their monetary exchanges.
- Be neat in appearance and practice good hygiene.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
Customer Service experience recommended
Cash Register experience recommended
Liberty Ministries is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled