Job Title: Server
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
A server serves food and alcohol to patrons in the dining establishment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Knowledgeable and able to communicate restaurant menu items and daily specials
· Accurately takes orders and enters them into the POS system
· Delivers beer/wine lists
· Neatly open and pour wine when serving guests without spillage
· Make sure customers have everything they need to enjoy their meals (e.g. utensils, condiments, napkins, etc.)
· Observes diners to ensure they are satisfied with food and service
· Responds to additional customer requests
· Rings up bill and accepts payment or refers guests to cashier
· May assist bus person in stocking, removing and resetting dishes and silverware between courses, and cleaning and resetting vacated tables
· Possesses superior beer and wine knowledge and ability to make recommendations
· Prepares table and maintains table cleanliness throughout service
· Runs food quickly, accurately, and intact
· Communicates with the kitchen, bussers, food runners, bartenders and managers
· Manages section and service
· Maintains side work throughout shift
· Attends required trainings and meetings
· Delivers an exceptional experience through outstanding hospitality and food service to the guests
· Verify that all guests who purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age
· Safeguard cash and credit card information received by customers for payment of services
Other Duties and Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Continuous Learning - Seeks feedback to improve performance
· Job Knowledge - Competent in restaurant food and beverage offerings, POS system, dining etiquette and processes, etc.
· Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Customer Service – Is proactive to customer needs and responds promptly to customer needs
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
· Ethics - Works with honesty, integrity and professionalism
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures
· Personal Appearance - Dresses appropriately for position
· Sales Skills – Seeks to build relationship with guest with the goal of inviting the guest back and ultimately creating a new regular patron. Maintains customer satisfaction
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
· Efficient - Completes work in timely manner
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
· Alcohol Guidelines – Ensure that all state, local and restaurant guidelines regarding responsible service of alcohol are strictly adhered to. Ensure that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only
· Focus – Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
· Education and/or Experience - Prior restaurant experience is preferred
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - TIPS Certification preferred
· Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Company may modify the above description, from time to time, as necessary. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality are Equal Opportunity Employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, service member status or any other classifications protected by local, state and federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
This job description is not a contract for employment. Employment at companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality is on an “at-will” basis and is for no definite period and may be terminated at any time with or without cause and with or without notice. Equally, employees are free to terminate their employment at any time for any reason. This at-will employment policy applies to all employees of companies owned by Long Shot Hospitality.