Originates both conforming and non-conforming residential mortgage loans. Applicant will participate in related business development activities, generating a network of referral sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides exceptional service to existing and prospective customers seeking residential mortgage loans, while ascertaining their needs and the programs for which they qualify.
2. Conducts interviews with prospective mortgage loan applicants, pulls credit bureaus and prepares early TRID disclosures on all loan files before submitting to processing.
3. Communicates daily with mortgage processor in order to stay abreast of any changes or updates to the loan file.
4. Maintains prompt communication between all relative parties to the transaction.
5. Remains informed of new trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations within both private and government sector of mortgage lending.
6. Makes sales calls on potential and existing customers developing new business and increasing/retaining existing business relationships.
7. Reviews documentation (i.e. credit report, appraisal, legal commitment, insurance, taxes, etc.) and ensures all information is correct before submitting to processing.
8. Sells and refers bank products and services to customers and prospects.
9. Reviews title requirements and exceptions for accuracy and conformance.
10. Coordinates the loan closing with all principals to the transaction.
11. Assists all bank lenders and loan assistants with questions regarding mortgage loan programs and products.
12. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
13. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
· Minimum 3 years of mortgage loan experience.
· Knowledge of mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
· Knowledge of conventional and government underwriting guidelines.
· Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate transactions
· Ability to multitask in an ever-changing environment.
· Good organizational skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
· Ability to learn new software systems quickly.
· Knowledge of Calyx a plus.
· High School Diploma required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled