Do you enjoy working with Senior Management developing financial models that forecast and support strategic planning initiatives? Do you have experience researching product market segments and developing proforma pricing and costing models? Can you provide experience leading the budgeting and forecasting process in a high growth, multi-company environment? Come and join a fast-growing company that is recognized by the Inc. 5000, a Dallas 100 Fastest Growing Company and a Brand leader in multiple categories in the Building Materials industry. Fortress Building Products is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to contribute to the Corporate Finance Team.
Position Summary: Senior Financial Analyst
Reports to: CFO
The Senior Financial Analyst position is a member of the Finance team reporting directly to the CFO and responsible for supporting FBP and its strategic growth. Working in conjunction with the CFO, this position assists with the financial oversight of assigned business functions within the Corporation and works closely with the CEO, COO, and CFO and supports the General Manager’s which currently lead the 5 existing Business Units in the overall strategic and financial aspects of the businesses under their responsibility. This position also supports the company’s overall corporate financial system and structure (e.g., Core Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis │ Financial Modeling / Budgeting │ Sales Reporting, Planning and Analysis) and other corporate administrative functions.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate that they can effectively:
- Problem solve quickly and anticipate needs
- Communicate well and comprehensively with a variety of people
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-actively develop and execute solutions that satisfy the needs of the business
- Work collaboratively with different departments and functions
Core Value & Culture Fit:
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves, and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
Operational & Financial Performance Reporting, Monitoring, and Improvement
- Assist in the monitoring of the financial, operational and strategic performance of the business units; follow-up on unusual trends and variance to expectations.
- Continually evaluate, challenge, improve efficiency and financial transparency, and add value to the organization.
- Conduct routine and ad hoc management reporting and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual key performance indicators and business drivers for presentation to Executive management.
- Assist the CEO, COO, CFO and members of the Executive Leadership (GM’s) team in actions to drive improved financial, operational and strategic performance.
- Lead continuous improvement opportunities to improve forecasting, cost structuring, planning and reporting (data) processes
Business Planning & Decision Support
- Support the planning, execution and continuous improvement of the enterprise-wide corporate annual (AOP) & Budget process, in conjunction with, the long-range plan to vision (LRPV -3 Year to Vision) strategic planning and deployment processes (SDP) to create corporate value.
- Analyze and synthesize plans and results across multiple business units & shared services (e.g., Sales, Marketing, MFG, Distribution, R&D, Supply Chain, etc.) to identify and explain business drivers at the functional level in support of consolidated presentations to the management team.
- Support corporate strategic planning, scenario analysis, and other business planning and analysis needs related to the development of business cases for major enterprise initiatives.
- Assist the Business Unit leadership and staff in providing information clarity, analysis and insights to support key business decisions related to major investments and/or changes in financial, operational or strategic direction (e.g. strategic funding requests; capital; growth/lines of business; market segment research)
- Assist in the development and execution of any cross-business unit and platform P&L strategies and initiatives.
Monthly Forecasting, Planning, and Analysis
- Provide, analyze and assess financial forecasts for the business.
- Analyze and bridge PY vs. CY, Budget vs. CY, expense variances for areas of responsibility.
- Support in the compilation, analysis, and review of financial reporting and analysis to assist CFO and Executive Team.
Experience and Qualifications
- BS / BA in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field – CPA, CFA or MBA a preferred
- Bring 5+ years of relevant accounting, finance and/or FP&A corporate professional experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Proven experience in positions requiring a solid understanding and practical application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience effectively working with and presenting information to senior management
Critical Competencies include:
- Well-rounded finance professional who can architect, analyze and communicate financial information effectively
- Humble, patient, and graceful attitude
- Excellent attention to detail; highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passionately analytical and curious with strong out-of-the-box thinking
- Self-motivated and proactive; demonstrated drive for success and passion for growth and development
- High level of competence and proficiency in financial analysis; business analysis; planning; and financial, business and/or statistical modeling
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written professional communication skills; ability to filter and cater information to a variety of audiences
- High level of professional excellence characterized by sound judgment skills, and drive for results (while still considering the cost vs. benefit dynamic)
- Demonstrated team orientation
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Proven comfort with large datasets and the tools to manage large data sets
- Have an eye for continuous improvement opportunities
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Pivot Tables, SQL Database and PowerPoint skills required
- Experience with MS Dynamics GP ERP systems preferred, not mandatory
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled