BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
HAVAL is developing a research team in the US whose mission is to design and develop an autonomous research system capable of autonomous driving on pre-defined routes without the need for driver intervention, that would support future productization of an SAE Level 4 automated driving system in China for mobility services.
The primary responsibility of this job is to Lead a team of engineers in the systems engineering development of an autonomous driving ecosystem. Developing systems documentation that leads to robustness in close communication with team members throughout the ADS engineering teams.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Develop a team and systems development process that supports the broad ADS engineering community in the development of an autonomous vehicle.
- Lead systems team resources in the development of a robust ADS system providing lean, lightweight-repeatable processes that ensure robustness in every aspect of the ADS eco-system
- Develop and maintain robustness documentation with traceability.
- Develop and work with ADS team to develop/utilize Use Cases, Boundary Diagrams, Interface analysis, P-Diagrams, Noise Factor Management Strategies, FMEA, FMEM, DVP&R, etc.
- Develop practices and process that ensure traceability, enable measurement and provide progress status for the entire ADS ecosystem
- Work closely with ADS team and ADS leadership to develop and support an ADS ecosystem
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- MS (or equivalent) in engineering or computer science with 7+ years of relevant software experience in industry.
- At least 5 years of leadership/management experience in a technical management position.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Experience working with Real-time systems development/ maintenance/ communication/ usage of Use Cases, Boundary Diagrams, Interface analysis, P-Diagrams, Noise Factor
- Strong understanding of Management Strategies, FMEA, Failure Modes and Effects Mitigation, Requirements development, Design of Experiments, Design Verification Development Planning and Reporting.
- Proven Experience working and leading teams in systems development.
- Experience working with Functional Safety teams for safety-critical systems.
- Extensive programming experience with C, C++, Python, Java, Optional: [Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML.]
- Excellent communication skills with leadership traits.
- English fluency, verbal and written
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of the time, description, nature of service):
- Typical office environment. The position will require walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
Candidates for positions with American Haval Motor Technology, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.