The Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning, stocking and maintaining hotel rooms as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives list of assigned rooms from managers and prioritizes rooms according to check out times.
- Checks inventory of cleaning cart; adds any necessary supplies.
- Knocks and announces self before entering a guest’s room; returns at a later time if rooms are occupied.
- Removes soiled linens, towels, bedspreads, and blankets from each assigned room and provides fresh replacements.
- Makes bed, stocks towels, washcloths, and hand towels according to ICONA’s procedures.
- Wipes surfaces in room and cleans mirrors.
- Cleans and disinfects bathroom and kitchenette or coffee-preparation areas according to ICONA’s procedures.
- Vacuums and mops floors.
- Ensures room meets ICONA’s standards with a final walkthrough.
- Notifies supervisor of room availability and reports any suspicious activity.
- Notifies supervisor of needed maintenance or repairs.
- Takes found items to designated lost and found area if guest has checked out.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Detail Oriented.
- Organizational Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in a hotel setting. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Prior Housekeeping experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.