Position: Regional Sales Manager-WEST
Reports To: General Manager
Location: WEST COAST
Fortress Core Values
- Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
- Positive Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
- Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
- Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
- We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
- Create and document a 1 Year, 2 Year and 3 Year Regional Sales Plan.
- Build our sales team by researching, interviewing and acquiring Independent Sales Representatives that can support our Sales Plan.
- Complete our regional distribution plan with Two-Step building materials distributor partners, dealers, and contractors.
- Establish stocking dealers throughout Region.
- Create relationships directly with professional deck builders, establishing a regional Network of Preferred Builders.
- Responsible for setting priorities and expectations for direct reports. Ensure there is clear and consistent communication within the team.
- Effective communication with Distributors, Dealers, Contractors, Architects and End Users.
- Coordinate with demand planning to provide advanced notification of significant orders to maintain the expected service levels.
- Accountable for Sales Numbers, Sales Reports, Sales Promotions, Market Input or any other needed programs and information.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s shares, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Consult with Product Management and the Innovations Team on the development of new products.
- Develop a pull through sales strategy that integrates all levels of the sales channel.
- Coaching direct reports in sales techniques, presentation, and overall territory management.
- Must ensure that distributor partners, dealers, and contractors are well trained on Fortress product.
- Setting and maintaining accurate and reliable forecast for the region and each individual territory and distributor partner.
- Conduct a quarterly and annual review program with all Distributor Partners and Sales Team Members.
- Prepare for and work with certain national or regional trade shows.
- Participate as a key member of the annual budget and planning process, assuring significant revenue and gross margin growth can be expected, planned for and met.
- Represent Fortress in a way that is professional and consistent with strategy and our core values.
- Responsibly for weekly sales travel planning and itinerary and submitting a weekly sales recap report to GM.
- Responsible for submission of expense reports on a weekly basis.
Goals / Success Factors:
- Establish and maintain a written 1, 2 and 3 year Sales Plan. Set and achieve annual budgets.
- Determine and implement territory sale representation as needed to support plan.
- Obtain distribution partnerships to complete a single distribution strategy throughout Region.
- Build a network of stocking dealers throughout Region.
- Establish contractor relationships, building a list of engaged Preferred Builders.
- Help manage the Contractor program for Region along with Business Development/Inside Sales Specialist.
- Sales Support for the Fortress Steel Framing System.
Building Products Experience
Deck/Composite Deck Experience a PLUS
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled