Behavioral Health Counselor (Part-time)
Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive organization? Do you want to make a difference in someone's life everyday!? If so, COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Paid-Time Off!, Birthday Holiday PLUS MORE!
~To ensure the safety of people we serve and our workforce, we require employee’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Unvaccinated employees must participate in COVID-19 testing at minimum one to two times per week in accordance with State and Federal regulations. ~
AVAILABLE PART-TIME SHIFTS AND LOCATIONS:
Boonton / Monday-Thursday: 11am-3pm
Chester / Tuesday & Thursday: 11am-7pm
Morristown / Saturday & Sunday: 3pm-11pm
Dover / Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday: 1pm-11pm
Per-diem: Cover shifts as needed
Part-time positions providing direct adult rehabilitative support services to consumers in community-based transitional housing residences.
- Provides on-site consumer supervision.
- Participates as a team member in the maintenance and care of agency facilities and ensures safety of the consumers in those facilities.
- Transports consumers in agency vehicles in a safe, cautious and responsible manner.
- Observes consumers’ self-administration of prescribed medication as per agency procedures.
- Provides medication education.
- Supervises and assists consumers in housekeeping, maintenance, and upkeep of the residence.
- Identifies, supervises, and assists consumers with rehabilitative services and daily living skills.
- Develops, supervises and facilities recreational and socialization activities for consumer.
- Coordinates as directed any contacts with adjunctive services.
- Documents service delivery and maintains accurate and timely clinical documentation.
- Submits repair and maintenance requests to supervisor and coordinates scheduling of repairs with the Housing Coordinator and Assistant Program Coordinator as needed.
- Functions as a team member by covering shifts, facilitating groups, participating in program activities, communicating all relevant information to other team members, covering co-workers duties as needed.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Program Coordinator, collects service fees, phone, and cable payments from consumers.
- Bachelor’s degree in mental health, social work, psychiatric rehabilitation, nursing, or a related discipline; a combination of one or more years of college plus work or life experience together equaling four years; OR licensed as a Practical Nurse (LPN) plus two years of related work or life experience; OR a High School diploma and four years of related mental health experience.
- Mental health/human services experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact