Responsible for supporting the daily warehouse functions such as but not limited to receiving, shipping, auditing, document verification and inventory control. To perform this job successfully, the candidate shall maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail during the validation of SKUs, product description, UPC validation and preparing of paperwork for data input into the warehouse management system (WMS). He/she shall ensure the assigned task is processed efficiently and that the inventory is put-away accurately in their designated storage locations. The candidate shall maintain location control and perform daily cycle counts to ensure the integrity of the inventory control process. This position also supports the company quality initiative by assisting in the segregation and validation of compromised product known as QA-holds. The position, also requires for the candidate to be available to work all schedules associated with the site.
- Full-time, with mandatory OT when requested
- Monday-Friday, 7:00AM-3:30PM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to use the provided equipment to complete the task (stand up reach truck)
- Processes incoming and outgoing shipments ensuring accuracy and timely receipt of material.
- Audit UPC and barcode accuracy on outbound loads.
- Identifies and prioritizes shipping and receiving requirements to effectively meet order fulfillment and shipping schedules.
- Provides accurate documentation with confirmed counts and product verification for inventory posting.
- Maintains and reports discrepancies found during receiving or order picking such as piece counts, SKU description, or physical conditions of the item.
- Performs Material Handling activities according to established company policies.
- Assists in verifying and maintaining records for incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Places received inventory to their respective storage locations assigned by the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Maintains location control by reviewing location availability, capacity, and storage conditions.
- Assists in the Cycle Count process by performing daily counts.
- Requires cross-training around DC administration and warehouse lead roles for back up purposes.
- Assist other DCs with remote training or trouble shooting obstacles with the day today activities.
- Perform duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or any member of the DC Management team.
Education / Training
1-2 years of equivalent training and experience.
1-2 years of experience in shipping & receiving environment or related field. Experience with Warehouse Management System and/or RF/RFID a plus.
Forklift Driver Certification on Reach Truck, Sit Down Truck, Order Picker and / or Carton Clamps is highly preferred.
1. Ability to stand/walk for extended periods on concrete floor.
2. Push and Pull up to 300 lbs.
3. Repetitive lifting up to 50 pounds without limitation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 /hour
Freight Breakers LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled