Job Description: Ski/Snowboard Instructor
Department: Ski and Snowboard School
Season: Winter Seasonal
Time: Part Time
PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE -
Job Summary: Instructs skiers and snowboarders of all ages and abilities how to improve their ski/ride skill, while providing a fun and effective learning environment.
This position runs from mid of December through the end of March.
- Instructs groups and /or individuals in a fun lesson format
- Teaches proper technique appropriate to the ability level of those being instructed
- Promotes safety and gives students the knowledge to remain safe when they leave lessons to ski/ride on their own
- Participates in clinics and free-skiing to constantly improve personal skiing skills
- Attends PSIA and AASI clinics, and takes appropriate exams, on an ongoing basis
- Instructor Training Course Required
- Greet guests and direct guests to proper lesson locations
- Must successfully complete instructor training
NOTE: All Lost Valley employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Customer Service Expectations: Must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Lost Valley's commitment to providing superior customer service. Treats each lesson recipient as an important individual when providing instruction.
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Patience, and a love of the outdoors and teaching
- Must pass background check necessary to work with children
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to ski or snowboard safely and confidently in all conditions and in varying types of terrain at all times
- Ability to work during peak times and in bad weather
Applicants will need to attend our instructor training course which starts on November 17th
Physical and Mental Demands: Must be capable of skiing/riding for prolonged periods of time (2+ hours at a time) to teach lessons. Dealing with demanding customers can be stressful.
Work Environment: Work is performed both outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind, and rain, on varied snow surfaces, as well as indoors. Indoor time is spent meeting and greeting, and in the Ski and Snowboard School meeting room with children, parents, and individuals
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.