FUNCTION – SCOPE STATEMENT:
Under the direction of the
Club Director and other appropriate administrative staff, employee is
responsible for general maintenance, handyman skills, and upkeep of buildings,
grounds, and equipment.
MAJOR JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine
maintenance such as light paint touch-ups (guard rails), changing ceiling
tiles, pressure washing concrete, changing light bulbs, starters and fuses
(non-electrical, no ballast removal or repair).
- Minor repairs as needed in
interior/exterior carpentry (i.e.: patching holes, tightening of screws or
furniture pieces, outlet covers, etc.)
- Minor plumbing maintenance
(replacement of tightening of fixtures – non-extensive)
- Movement of heavy furniture as necessary
utilizing OSHA guidelines for safety.
- Report immediately to supervisor (and Club
Director) any major damage, breakdowns of equipment or safety concerns or
other maintenance need.
- Assist with Facility Management needs (i.e.: meet
vendors when Facilities Manager cannot be onsite, assist with scheduling
of vendors, assist with vehicle transport to repair shop, etc.)
- Turn off lights, lock and secure building.
Determine material and equipment
to be used to keep facility and grounds maintained.
- Prepare, set-up and take down for special events
- Other related tasks as instructed.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and
supplies needed for kitchen and restrooms and notify manager and Executive
Administrator when supplies need replenishing.
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. Complete trainings as required.
3. May be required to assist in multiple areas as needed.
- Document and report
potential safety hazards to supervisor.
- Perform monthly
inspections of Clubs and report building-related discrepancies to
supervisor in writing.
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Multi skilled labor (minor construction/handyman, skilled
3. Knowledge in maintenance supplies, equipment, materials,
and methods used in janitorial work.
4. Ability to make minor repairs to buildings and equipment.
5. Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
6. Ability to perform various clean-up and maintenance tasks
7. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
8. Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and
corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance in using
equipment to complete assigned tasks.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with the Club management to
exchange information, seek and give assistance, provide information. Maintains contact with management and support
External: Maintain contact as needed with external groups and vendors.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle, feel; reach
with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or
hear; taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 lbs. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work
expected of employees in this classification.
It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives
required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled