WHO WE ARE:
At Shilling Canning Company, a new Mid-Atlantic restaurant by Chef Reid Shilling, our professional management and front of house team, brings experience, skills, and dedication to match those of the kitchen. Each team member shares our belief in the power of respect.
Our service is honest, warm, professional, welcoming, friendly and detail-oriented. Our team smiles because they are happy to serve, and because they know our menu is approachable and our prices are fair. There is value in everything we offer and integrity in what we recommend and how we deliver it.
The General Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership to drive sales, hospitality at the highest level, profitability, and long term growth by managing all aspects of the business with an entrepreneurial approach.
All aspects of our business will be done by promoting and living our value system, operating under our guiding principles and promises. These include daily operations, profitability, marketing, recruiting and development of their team at all levels.
We’ll expect you to build a team and lead by example while uplifting our staff in our fast-paced, hospitality focused environment.
Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly, your team is informed, engaged and empowered and guests have pleasant dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize guest satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to guest complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage the restaurant’s image
- Drive Standards and Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Train new and current employees on proper guest service practices
- Establishing relationships with all guests to ensure repeat visits
- Proven work experience as a General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with the ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform guests and wait staff
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- Degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
Reasons to join our team include:
- Competitive Base Salary plus quarterly bonus opportunity
- Paid Vacation
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Shift Meals
Shilling Canning Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year + Bonus (depending on experience)
Shilling Canning Company is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled