If you are a experienced Shipper/Receiver looking to join and grow in a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply here!
We believe in technology to feed a changing world. CubicFarms (TSXV: CUB) is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic, automated controlled-environment growing systems that can grow predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: SHIPPING RECEIVING & INVENTORY COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Installation Manager, the Shipper/Receiver is responsible for well-organized and efficient preparation and handling of incoming and outgoing materials and maintaining accurate warehouse inventory.
- You’re the type of person who can’t walk out the door with anything left undone. You like all of the boxes ticked off and make schedules and lists when no one cares but you. It’s in your DNA.
- You are a self-motivated, passionate, experienced individual who is looking for an opportunity to work with an emerging organization with a great deal of room for advancement.
- You are an entrepreneurial minded, hands on person who leads by example and thrives on solving challenging problems.
- You have a green thumb and a jack of all trades. You are just as comfortable using a spreadsheet as you are using a wrench.
- You are motivated by thought of working in the new and upcoming Ag-Tech industry.
- You are reliable, proactive, and willing to take the lead on tasks that need to be accomplished.
- You have the ability to structure yourself in an unstructured environment and are motivated to learn new skills.
- You are willing to work during various hours throughout the day and lend a hand where required to get the job done.
- Above all you like to have fun while doing all of the above.
- Preparing product for transport
- Creation of packing slips, waybills, and export documents
- Accurate and timely data entry of inventory movement
- Interacting with various personnel both inside and outside of the company to ensure timely delivery of products
- Local driving to shuttle parts and supplies; mileage paid if your vehicle is use
- Receiving inspections
- Perform general warehouse duties including but not limited to picking/packing orders, receiving, stocking, and inventory control
- Maintaining a neat, safe, and orderly work area
- Must be willing to work in other capacities within the company under the operations umbrella.
- Additional duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or a combination of education & equivalent experience is required.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing/warehouse setting with similar duties required.
- Experience working in either the agriculture, indoor vertical farming, or high-technology industry is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to comply with company standard procedures
- Familiar with customs documentation
- Valid Class 5 B.C. driver’s license
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word) and the ability to learn new software
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 25 kilograms
- Strong customer service, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Forklift certification or equivalent experience
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- May engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, and pulling of boxes and containers.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 kilograms
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CubicFarms is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement in the Ag-Tech space.