ICONA Resorts is actively seeking a Food & Beverage Intern for our summer 2020 season at our Diamond Beach location. At ICONA we are enthusiastic about our culture and take pride in hiring individuals that share our highest mission to provide our guests with unmatched services exuding a spirit of warmth, welcome, and love.
The Food & Beverage Intern is responsible for assisting the F&B department with all operations. The Food & Beverage Intern will gain experience in all aspects of Food & Beverage including: FOH service, BOH, events, and leadership exposure. The Intern will rotate between 2-3 outlets during the internship program to promote cross training and development.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to perform FOH job duties: bussing/food running, serving.
2. Maintain knowledge in menu offerings.
3. Assist BOH in dishwashing and prep-cooking when needed.
4. Participate in ICONA’s weekly culture meetings.
5. Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all team members, guests and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
6. Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure health and safety of our guests and team members.
7. Work with department heads to learn scheduling and inventory management.
8. Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
9. All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
10. Performs other duties as directed.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
This position operates in a restaurant and commercial kitchen setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required. This position may require employee to work outside in all inclement conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 25 pounds. This position may require employee to work outside in all inclement conditions.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
- Walk- Over 3/4th of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Current college student.
3. Hospitality experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
At ICONA we have fun while we get the job done! You'll be joining a team of talented, hard-working professionals all working together toward one goal: giving our guests a Five Star experience at our iconic beachfront resorts.
Full-time, year-round employees are eligible for additional benefits including: health insurance, 401K, and bonus programs.
ICONA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ICONA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.