Fleet Maintenance Technician
Who We Are
Emterra Group is a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused group of companies. organizations have been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for recycling, organics, and waste that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion and the circular economy. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC) and the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE).
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
- Be part of an entrepreneurial organization that wants to continue to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
· Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures
· Perform greasing as per schedules
· Assist in repairs and assigned and perform preventive maintenance services
· Shuttle trucks to and from shop as required
· Training will be provided to complete your required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting part usage, and accounting for repair times.
· Perform prep work for Mechanics doing general “A” and “B” vehicles and equipment services
· Secure and store tools and equipment at all times
· Assist senior mechanics in the completion of project work ( key part of your development)
· Assist with service calls for breakdowns as needed
· Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate /Worksafe Standards.
· Previous automotive, diesel, or heavy truck experience or education is preferred
· Electrical, mechanical, cooling and air brake systems as asset
· Basic proficiency with use of computers
· Ability to stand/lift 60lbs/carrying/bending/twisting for periods at a time/repeatedly
· Effective communication skills (both written & verbal)
· Valid Drivers license and must have a clean driving record
· Class 3 with air Or a Class 3 permit is required
· Able to successfully pass a background check consisting of a MTO medical/drug test, criminal history search, licence verification and employment confirmation
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position