Transportation Specialist Job Description
Job Summary: Our Transport Specialist will incorporate our mission, vision and values while carrying out the responsibility of safely transporting while displaying exceptional customer service.
- Greeting and working with patients at the beginning and end of each appointment with excellent customer service, going above and beyond to assist the patient when necessary.
- Safely assisting patients in and out of vans. Properly securing Patient in wheelchair and ensuring patient safety prior to transporting. This includes the proper use of the wheelchair lift.
- Abiding by all traffic laws and ensuring safety at all times.
- Communicate with and provide an excellent experience for all passengers.
- Managing both an “On Demand” and regularly scheduled calendar and being prompt to all appointments.
- Maintain excellent communication with Dispatch/management concerning all appointments, schedule/traffic delays, emergency situations, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all facility personnel to ensure best possible experience for facility, as well as patients.
- Display a professional image at all time, both in appearance and in actions.
- Daily Vehicle maintenance and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Responsible for all equipment provided including but not limited to vehicle, phone, GPS, uniform, etc.
- Abide by HIPAA policies.
Transportation Specialist Skills & Qualifications:
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or older.
- Have a valid Texas driver license.
- Clean Criminal background.
- Good driving record:
- No more than 1 moving violation within a 3-year span
- No license suspensions
- No severe citations I.e. DUI, DWI, hit & Run, etc.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, compassion, dependability & timeliness, exceptional communication skills and knowledge of patient safety.
- Must be able to sit for periods of time while driving to and from destinations.
- Transitioning from sitting, standing, kneeling, and bending multiples times per day.
- Lift 20 pounds
- Push over 300 pounds up a ramp.
- Ability to secure mechanical devices which requires appropriate hand dexterity.
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
Raney Services, LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled