Retirement Center Management has an opportunity for a full-time Dishwasher at our Village at Southampton location an Independent and Assisted Living with Memory Care senior community.
Full-time 7:00 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
$500 Sign On Bonus | $250 after 90 days, $250 after 180 days
The Dishwasher is responsible for the upkeep, janitorial services and floor care of the community property. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes. Abides by and upholds company core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with general janitorial and cleaning duties such as sweeping, moping, wiping down areas, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the parking lot, front entrance(s), and courtyard, keeping them free of trash and debris.
- Responsible for daily janitorial duties such as but not limited to: clean and replenish restrooms, empty trash, empty recycle bins, clean desks where applicable, clean tables in rooms and eating areas, vacuum offices, common areas, clean interior glass, dust partitions, cabinets and vents, mop floors.
- Must be able to spend the majority of the day walking, twisting, bending, pushing/pulling and kneeling while cleaning.
- Maintain common area restrooms, gathering spaces, hallways and specialty rooms per company cleanliness standards.
- Report any unusual or unsafe conditions in any resident unit to the supervisor.
- Perform other duties that may be set by the corporation or specified by the Director of Maintenance.
- Complete all assigned duties that may change from time-to-time according to resident needs, staffing levels, and working circumstances.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety standards of the company and all applicable OSHA and health and building codes.
- Ensuring the proper controls of keys, equipment, supplies, inventory and other property.
- Promoting good public relations with residents, resident guests, co-workers, contractors and other persons having business with the complex by being courteous at all times.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1-2 years of related experience, Residential/Hotel cleaning experience preferred
- Great customer service attitude
- Ability to interact well with staff, residents and guests
- Knowledge of, and skills in general janitorial and cleaning responsibilities.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment including floor scrubbing equipment and vacuum cleaners.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Able to work independently or work with others in the completion of assigned tasks.
- Must be flexible in hours, shifts and days available to work
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.