Part-Time Assisted Living Nurse
*New Shift Times
*8 or 12 hour shifts
*Daily Pay Available
- Must be a graduate of a State Approved School of Nursing and have a current nursing license in the State of Indiana
- Must know all aspects of basic personal care, medication administration, treatment procedures, preventive, restorative, and therapeutic techniques.
- Must have knowledge of medial asepsis and sterile technique.
- Must have interest in and be able to communicate effectively with aged and ill residents with a variety of chronic illnesses or emotional disorders.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with visitors, supervisor, co-workers, and work under direct supervision of charge nurse.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of resident's condition and personal affairs.
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift
- Execute physician's orders thoroughly and safely.
- Administer and document medications, according to pharmacy and drug administration policies and procedures.
- Contact physicians and/or pharmacies, as necessary, for orders or prescription needs.
- Receive telephone orders from physicians.
- Perform all treatments ordered by physician. In addition, perform naso-gastric and gavage feedings, insertion of straight and Foley catheters and naso-gastric tubes, administer special skin care procedures, sterile dressing changes, monitor I.V. fluid administration, and oral-pharyngeal suctioning.
- Monitor resident for expected and untoward responses from medication and therapeutic measures.
- Conduct assessment and document when change in condition is noted.
- Assist with admission assessments and formulation of the plan of care.
- Contribute information for revision in the resident plan of care.
- Coordinate treatments with nursing assistants to provide comprehensive, effective and efficient resident care.
- Practice good personal hygiene and adhere to dress code.
- Follow facility infection control policies and procedures.
- Report defective equipment or other potential safety hazards promptly.
- Maintain attitude of courtesy, tact, and helpfulness when dealing with residents, visitors, physicians, consultants, therapists and other staff.
- Use proper telephone etiquette.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident condition and personal affairs.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position